Are you looking for a new challenge?
Would you like to learn new skills?
Do you want to increase your knowledge base?
If so, then read on...
We are looking to recruit an experienced band 5 nurse to work in the Edward Jenner Unit at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital.
Edward Jenner Unit is a busy day care unit based at Gloucester Royal Hospital. It is open Monday - Friday between 08:00- 19:00.
We provide care and treatment for patients including for example
Administration of Systemic Anti-Cancer Treatment (SACT), immunoglobulins & blood products
Procedures such as venesection and bone marrow biopsy
SACT outpatient clinic reviews
CVC line care & patient support.
We are a friendly, supportive, caring team that thrive on delivering patient centred compassionate care to our Haematology and Immunology patients. So, if you're looking for a new opportunity then Edward Jenner Unit can offer you this!Main duties of the job
You will receive a comprehensive induction with our dedicated Practice Development team. You will then be supported to achieve all your clinical competencies to enable you to work independently within the unit.
The successful candidate will be expected to deliver all therapies required by our patients. If you don't already possess these skills then we will provide you with the training and opportunity to succeed in this role including the opportunity to complete the SACT module (APPS which is accredited by the University of Worcester.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated compassionate registered nurse that has excellent communication and people skills.About us
The Edward Jenner Unit nursing team work very closely with the Haematology consultants, Clinical Nurse Specialists, administration and clerical staff to provide outstanding care to our patients.
We are a team that strives to ensure every patient is involved in the decisions about their care, which means they receive a positive experience when they attend for their appointments and treatments.
We are really proud of the Edward Jenner Unit and have worked very hard as a team to ensure the Dept provides a safe, caring, comfortable environment for our patients.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will ideally have been qualified for appropriate years, and have some experience of Haematology / Oncology patient care & treatment, and be working towards to specialist course relevant to Oncology /Haematology.
If you havent then dont panic, please still get in touch so we can show you around the dept and introduce the specialty to you.
You will need to have
-Excellent IT skills
-Enhanced clinical skills including, administration of IV drugs, cannulation & phlebotomy.
-Be able to care for PICC lines and CVCs.
-Demonstrate the ability to assess a patients condition & implement appropriate care.
-Communicate effectively, especially where patients ability to do so is compromised.
-Deliver safe care within a challenging and changing clinical environment, using equipment and resources safely and as appropriate.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Active registration with the NMC as a Registered Nurse
- Evidence of ongoing professional development through maintenance of a professional portfolio, registration revalidation & commitment to life long learning
- Experience (through placement or employment) of working in an acute clinical environment
- Previous experience in a relevant speciality
- Acts as a role model and are able to lead by example to ensure the Trust's values and behaviours are reinforced throughout their area of practice
- Able to supervise non-registered and less experienced staff to ensure effective service and care delivery
- Show commitment to developing competencies to include specialist skills
- Work with enthusiasm and genuine interest within the multidisciplinary team
- Understand and be committed to good record keeping using the Trusts electronic and paper methods
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Display a caring attitude to patients, their relatives, colleagues and themselves in a stressful environment
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.