Torbay day surgery is recognised locally and nationally as a centre of excellence, working closely with multi-disciplinary teams that we are very proud along with the service we provide to our patients and their families.
Joining our friendly team and welcoming workplace, you will provide high quality nursing care for all patients on the day case pathway including nurse led pre assessment, post operative care and discharge to ensure they are prepared for surgery. The variety of care in day surgery means there are lots of learning and training opportunities available to you.
Should you be successful in the Registered Nurse position, you will be working 37.5 hours per week on a permanent contract over our Monday to Friday service.Main duties of the job
- To pre assess patients prior to their day case procedure following an electronic pre assessment assessing the patients fitness for surgery and sharing information with the patient about the day case process.
- Caring for patient on the day of their surgery pre and post operatively ensuring a safe recovery .
- Discharging patients home using the criteria for a nurse led discharge
Day surgery is changing and growing across the NHS and in Torbay we push boundaries, we have close links with The British Association of Day Surgery and our always looking for ways to improve our current pathways and take on new challenges.
Many of our staff work in more than one area of the unit and enjoy the challenge.
Care to Join Us?Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of services
- Report any incidents accidents or near misses following the correct incident reporting procedure
- To take charge of the unit in the absence of team leader ensuring patient and staff safety is maintained at all times and supervising staff, ensuring they work to their capabilities
- To ensure all learners are guided and assessed to effectively achieve their objectives and standards of care
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential ExperienceEssential
- Experience in acute nursing
- Expereince in surgical/day surgery nursing
- Ability to assess plan and evaluate care for adult nursing
- Knowledge in adult and paediatirc nursing
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Familiar with day surgery IT systems
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Day Surgery Unit Torbay Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.