- Passionate about weight management?
- Motivated to improve population health?
- Interested in being part of a new multidisciplinary weight management service?
Then our new weight management service is the place for you.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the job
We are looking for band 7 highly specialist dietitians who are experienced and passionate about weight management to join our Bank. You will support the professional manager in designing the Level 2 and 3 service and provide the clinical input for level 3 and triage. You will support others in their delivery of the Level 2 service. There will be leadership opportunities to take part in the operational management and supervision of other dietitians and non-registered staff within the team.
You will have the support of a professional manager and be part of a multi-disciplinary team looking to design an innovative service in line with the All Wales Weight Management Strategy. This new service will include 10 WTE dietetic posts all of which are currently being recruited. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved right at the beginning.
The successful applicant will have demonstrable experience of leading and evaluating service development and improvement, collaborative working and possess expert knowledge of weight management.
We are searching for staff that share our health board values of:
- Listen, learn and improve
- Treat everyone with respect
- Work together as one team
We will consider full time, part-time and flexible working arrangements to help you to achieve a good work-life balance. There will also be an opportunity for some working from home.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc. Nutrition and Dietetics or equivalent.
- Registered with Health Care Professions Council
- Evidence of Post Graduate Study or ongoing CPD in relevant specialism
- Detailed specialist clinical dietetic knowledge in weight management
- Knowledge of health issues affecting the local population and strategies in place to support improvement in these areas
- Member of BDA specialist interest groups of equivalent specialist interest group eg PENG, BAPEN
- MSc or its equivalent level of knowledge and advanced post graduate training/experience in specialist clinical dietetics
- Motivational interviewing training/qualification
- Clinical experience in specialist dietetics at a senior level
- Demonstrates evidence based specialist clinical knowledge in weight management
- Experience of conducting clinical audit and or research
- Practical experience of human resource management, supervision and mentoring
- Experience of clinical supervision of students and junior colleagues
Aptitude and abilities skillsEssential
- Experience in operational management/leadership
- Demonstrates highly developed motivational and negotiating skills to effect change
- Ability to focus on research and project objectives and to deliver on these
- Able to maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Skills in influencing and persuasion on specialist clinical issues with a wide range of staff and internal and external to the health board
- Leadership skills
- The ability to speak Welsh
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to travel throughout the geographical area covered by CTMUHB, transporting educational materials and resources, as required and in a timely maner
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Keir Hardie Health Park and Across Health Board
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.