- passionate about top class patient care with a belief that every day matters.
- qualifying this year, just starting your career or looking for new learning opportunities
- ready for a new challenge
- thinking about return to practice
- driven to promote the value of Occupational Therapy and therefore influence the narrative of OT for future generations
- committed to making the NHS having a brighter future
Do you want
- to learn in a fast-paced hospital setting
- grow your leadership skills as well as your clinical skills
- work with a diverse team with wide knowledge and experience
- develop your knowledge and skill with support from peers, specialists, clinical educators, and experienced Occupational Therapy leaders.
We can offer:
Main duties of the job
- an acute and community rotation providing you with diverse experiences including Medicine, Orthopaedics, Surgery, Elderly Rehabilitation, A& E, Stroke, Hand Therapy, Community inpatient rehabilitation and Community based therapy (site dependent)
- excellent learning opportunities with a high level of support and supervision and appraisal from senior colleagues
- peer support from a large group of colleagues on the rotation
- a multi-professional preceptorship programme
To provide excellent, high-quality person centred clinical care that advocates for patients, strive to provide a service fit for today and the future, develop personal leadership to support clinical growth. Every rotation (6 months) brings duties specific for that speciality and team.
Our teams across all sites have a friendly, supportive atmosphere and a real team ethic. We know how to look after our staff - making sure they achieve the ideal work-life balance. As a Trust we offer a multi-professional preceptorship programme. In addition, we offer excellent training opportunities supported by an APH practice development lead and clinical flow lead.About us
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust provides NHS hospital servicesforaround 900,000 people across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
As well as delivering excellent general hospital services to local people, we provide specialist heart attack, vascular, stroke, spinal, cystic fibrosis and plastic surgery services across a much wider area.
We have three main hospitals - Frimley Park in Frimley near Camberley, Heatherwood in Ascot and Wexham Park near Slough.
Our threecore values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other,Committed to Excellence,WorkingTogether and Facing the Future.
We are also proud to host the Defence Medical Group South East at Frimley Park with military surgical, medical and nursing personnelworkingalongside the hospital's NHS staff providing care to patients in all specialtiesJob descriptionJob responsibilities
If you are inspired to know more about this opportunity and our team, please see the job description attached, which outlines the main duties of this post.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree or Diploma in OT
- HCPC registration
- Problem solver
- Good time manager
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work single-handedly with individuals and groups
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Group work skills
- Team Player - understanding team dynamics
- Ability to manage own workload and determine priorities
- Be able to work under pressure
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance
Professional / Specialist / Functional ExperienceEssential
- Presentation skills
- Training and facilitation skills
- Use of the Tiara Therapy Computer system
- Knowledge of evidence based practice
- Understanding of professional ethics and their application in practice
- Knowledge of health legislation in current practice and clinical governance
- Knowledge of risk assessment
- Experience of work as an OT or placement as an OT student within the acute hospital setting
- Documented evidence of CPD
- Worked (could be as a student) in some of the following areas:- Acute Medicine, Orthopaedics, Surgery, Elderly Care, A& E, Neurology, community rehab
- Experience of research and audit
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Willingness to rotate clinical area of work
- Willingness to work flexibly across a 7 day service
- Must be able to travel between sites
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Wexham Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.