To provide a safe, comfortable environment for patients, staff and visitors.
Ensuring all essential services are maintained to support clinical departments in their prime task of treating patients whilst ensuring all statutory legislation is complied with.Main duties of the job
The Mechanical Craftsperson will be part of a team ensuring that mechanical/electrical/building equipment and services are maintained to an appropriate standard and to support clinical service departments in their prime task of treating patients.
The appointed individual will support the site operational management staff with the day to day operational engineering maintenance , which will include boilers, steam systems, medical gases, heating, hot water, buildings, etc. The position requires participation/ flexibility in covering morning/ afternoon shifts and participate in an on-call rota.About us
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest
Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire
48 general practices (four of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres
Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services.
Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full job description and person specification attached within the supporting documents.
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us. Interviews will be held on 20-12-2023. Person SpecificationQualifications & KnowledgeEssential
- HNC or HND or equivalent experience plus completion of a time-served apprenticeship
- To be fully conversant with core trade, i.e. Mechanical and have a good working knowledge of associated trades, e.g. electrical and gas
- To have a good understanding of asbestos awareness and be fully conversant in dealing with suspicious samples and working in the vicinity of asbestos products
- Appropriately empowered via training and/or experience to undertake statutory tasks, e.g. Gas Safe, sterilisers, etc.
- To be fully conversant with the Health Board's Fire Defence Policy
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant HTM's, Gas Safe / Oftec registered
- Time served apprenticeship.
- Completion of a structured training programme
- Good working knowledge of low pressure hot water systems, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems and building management systems.
Language RequirementsDesirable CircumstancesEssential
- Hospital engineering experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to participate in the On Call rota, available to undertake overtime when required by the service.
Hywel Dda University Health BoardAddress
Glangwili General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.