Are you an experienced, motivated Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Practitioner passionate about working in an unscheduled care environment?
Do you want to work in a forward thinking, diverse and rewarding Team?
New opportunities have arisen for Nurse Practitioners /Clinical Practitioners across our Central London Urgent Care/ Walk in Services based at:
o St Charles Centre for Health & Wellbeing, W10 6DZo Parsons Green Health Centre, SW6 4ULo Soho Centre for Health and Care, W1D 3HZ
This is an exciting time to join our Nurse Practitioner/ Clinical Practitioner led Urgent Care/ Walk in Services that deliver high quality unscheduled care
Our services are undergoing exciting changes as we transform them to best meet the needs of patients and local communities.Main duties of the job
To autonomously assess, manage and treat patients presenting to our services with a range of minor illnesses and injuries (some requiring x ray at St Charles only)
This may include prescribing medication as an independent non medical prescriber (desirable) or using PGDs
You will be able to assess and treat patients from the age of 2 years and above.
We provide an educationally focused environment, which will allow you to grow professionally and develop your repertoire of clinical skills, and theoretical knowledge.
At CLCH we have an excellent track record of supporting clinicians through programmes of further advanced training such as the Non-Medical Prescribing (if required).
With the support of our team of highly experienced Advanced Practitioners and a Practice Educator, we will also enable you to develop you leadership skills through leadership programmes, mentoring and co-ordinating the day-to-day operations of the department.
o Our St Charles UCC has X-ray facilities enables a wide range of clinical experience.
o There is limited free parking available and/or tube stations are located within walking distance Please note that previous candidates that have applied within the last 6 months need not re-apply Interviews will be held week commencing 4th Dec 2023.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Lucy Irving firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout us
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here:https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefits
We are rated Good by the Care Quality Commission and are ranked among top NHS employers. Community healthcare is our focus and our passion. We champion the role of community health professionals to make sure our patients get great care closer to home.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to the attached Job Description for full list of responsibilities.
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19. Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationEssential
- Registered Nurse with current NMC registration or Registered Health Professional (physio, paramedic) with HCPC.
- Evidence of continuing professional education and training at Masters level or completed level 7 module in advanced practice
- Independent Prescriber (or on pathway to complete)
- Qualification in teaching or practice-based learning.
- University accredited Minor injuries Module
- Paediatric Nurse Practitioner qualification
- University accredited paediatric advanced assessment module
- Experience of utilising expert diagnostic and clinical skills to provide autonomous, unscheduled medical care and management of patients presenting with undifferentiated and undiagnosed conditions.
- Experience of effectively working in collaboration, negotiating and liaising across organisational boundaries.
- Experience in monitoring clinical standards.
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage own workload with minimal supervision.
- Experience caring for patients of all age ranges (age range 02 years and over)
- Experience in either emergency/ unscheduled care environment
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of team / service/ staff management.
- Experience of conducting research projects and audit.
- Evidence of comprehensive range of clinical skills and expertise relevant to the role
- Competent in physical examination of patients of all ages.
- Able to delegate work effectively and safely
- Ability to assess a situation and act appropriately
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of anatomy and physiology of body systems.
- Knowledge of recent developments in unscheduled care.
- Knowledge of adult and children's safeguarding procedures.
- Knowledge of NMC Code of Professional Conduct or equivalent professional Registration
- Knowledge of the audit process and able to implement in practice
- Knowledge of evidence based practice and able to implement in practice
- Knowledge of clinical governance processes, assessing and managing risk
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of monitoring service outcome measures.
- Clinical knowledge across a range of long-term conditions.
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
L5 Soho Walk-In Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.