An opportunity has arisen for an experienced band 6 therapist to join the North Lincolnshire community Stroke and Neurology Team on a permanent basis. The primary role for the post holder will be to provide assessment, intervention, rehabilitation and equipment provision for patients following stroke or who have a neurological condition.
The post holder will also support in facilitation of discharge from residential settings and general community work as capacity allows. The post holder will work closely with the MDT, external partners within local authorities. The role will offer specialist advice and support from therapies of other professions including support staff following a robust induction process.Main duties of the job
You will be expected to work as part of a team, demonstrate leadership skills and have experience of supervising staff/students. You should have a range of post-registration experience, have strong communication skills and flexibility. Good organisational skills and time management skills are all essential for this role.
You will be based in Brigg, North Lincolnshire and will be working alongside fellow therapists, social care staff and nursing staff. We place significant value in empowering and investing in staff and offer robust in-service training, supervision and development opportunities.
- Perform advanced Therapy assessment of patients with diverse presentations and complex physical and psychological conditions.
- Use advanced clinical reasoning skills to develop and deliver individualised recommendations including prescription of equipment and minor or major adaptations moving and handling assessment, rehabilitation, referral on to other agencies where appropriate.
- Responsible for managing own caseload and a defined area of the service, working without direct supervision.
- Supervise, educate and assess Therapy students and assistants and provide specialised advice to other health care professionals in the specific clinical area.
We're a large organisation with three hospitals located in Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Goole. We also provide community services in North Lincolnshire. Our 6,500 members of staff care for and support a population of more than 400,000 people.
We encourage all our staff to innovate and adopt 'best practice' so we can deliver excellent care to our patients. We ask staff to live our values kindness, courage and respect.
We are committed to recruiting the best people to work with us. You could be one of them.
To learn more about Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust, and discover the unique benefits on offer to employees, view our latest videos, plus more, please visit our recruitment website at https://joinnlag.co.uk/
Should we receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, the advert may be closed earlier than stated. To view a full job description and person specification please see attachments on this advert.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Recruitment & Workforce team will use and hold your personal data for the intended purpose and in line with the Recruitment & Workforce Privacy Statement.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children/vulnerable adults and expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are committed to creating and maintaining a fair and supportive working environment and culture, where contributions are fully recognised and valued by all and staff feel empowered to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities. As employers we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff. This underpins our values as set out in the NHS Constitution, supports us to be an Employer of Choice and ultimately enables our employees to support the effective care of our patients.
We strongly value the different perspectives and ideas a diverse workforce brings to deliver better outcomes for our patients. We welcome applications irrespective of peoples age, disability, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
Desirable Occupational ExperienceEssential
- oDegree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy
- oState Registered
- oPost graduate training across a range of specialised clinical areas.
- oClinical Educator Qualification from recognised educational establishment
- Current/valid UK driving license or equivalent
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oDocumented evidence of CPD.
- oCompletion of preceptor ship which should be in the physical field.
Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.