The People and Culture Directorate is seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Employee Relations Advisor to work within our busy but friendly Employee Relations team.
This exciting opportunity could be the next step in your career providing opportunity to grow and develop in a supportive, progressive environment.Main duties of the job
You will be instrumental in supporting the development of a just and restorative learning culture. This will include supporting with the review and development of employee relations policies and management training packages which are reflective of current legislation, caselaw and best practice, and which embed Trust values and behaviours.
The role will provide advice on a range of complex employee relations cases which include disciplinary processes, grievance, performance, management of change, TUPE and absence management. You should have up to date knowledge of Employment Law and providing professional advice to hearing panels up to dismissal. You should have experience of working collaboratively with staff side representatives, partners, senior and operational managers and staff.About us
Nottinghamshire Healthcare employs over 10,000 colleagues who help #MakeADifference every day. We provide intellectual disability, mental health, community health, forensic and offender healthcare services across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire. Care is delivered from over 120 sites within the community from acute settings and across low, medium and high secure environments including prisons.
As one of the largest mental health and community trusts in the East Midlands and one of the biggest employers in Nottinghamshire. We are also home to national and regional services such as the National High Secure Deaf Service and the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
We are committed to flexible and agile working, including the opportunity to join our bank.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority and as such we invest significantly in this via our in-house Occupational Health Service, Staff Counselling Service and Health and Wellbeing Team.
We offer a number of employee-led staff networks, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) groups, our Green Champions Network, Freedom to Speak Up Network. Health and Wellbeing Champions Network and Menopause Champions. We provide care to a diverse range of communities and are passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the Trust.
If you believe in our values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork, then we would love to hear from you!
#TeamNottsHCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
You should be CIPD qualified (Level 5) and have demonstrable experience of providing comprehensive advice and support to managers on a range of employee relations issues, in a unionised environment.
You should have excellent knowledge of up to date and relevant employment legislation and caselaw.Please refer to the job description and person specification for further information.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Postgraduate Diploma (CIPD Level 5) or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrates clear evidence of current continuous professional development
- Additional HR specific training & development e.g. Trained Job evaluator
- Experience of advising operational managers across a wide range of specialised HR and employee relations matters within a complex, multi-site, unionised environment.
- Experience of supporting complex organisational change programmes.
- Proven track record of success at addressing employment issues in order to ensure the effective resolution of concerns
- Experience of working collaboratively in partnership with staff side, managers and staff.
- Experience of advising on employee relations panels up to and/or including dismissal.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting managers with employment tribunal claims and subsequent processes including liaison with Trust solicitors.
- Experience of interpreting data in order to formulate effective HR strategies, including audits and surveys.
- Experience of working within an HR role in the NHS.
- Has supported ET cases through the provision of information.
- Experience of managing TUPE transfers.
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of employment law and recent case law.
- Good working knowledge of IT packages e.g., employee relations databases, PowerPoint, excel, word.
- National NHS priorities and the significance of the contributions of HR.
Values and BehavioursEssential
- Ability to form effective business relationships in order to drive forward the contribution of HR services.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to professionally and confidently present complex and sensitive data and information.
- Confident and resilient, with the ability to negotiate and influence others.
- High degree of credibility & professionalism.
- All staff should be able to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion as identified within the Trust's Equality and Diversity Policy and associated Equality, Diversity and Human Rights legislation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- All colleagues are expected to demonstrate that they act in line with Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Values: Trust Honesty Respect Compassion Teamwork
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Duncan Macmillan House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.