We are very proud of our community nursing service and the difference it makes to people requiring nursing care in their own home. With an increasing complexity of patients in our community, our team provide seamless holistic nursing care to ensure patients receive the right care.
We are looking for individuals who can be part of our fast-moving, innovative and ambitious teams, dedicated to supporting our communities to manage their own health both at home and in our dedicated clinics.
You will be responsible for providing skilled nursing care to patients across the locality and work flexibly with multi-disciplinary teams across our service to support our patients' journey.
You will need to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be adaptable, reliable, resourceful and approachable. You'll need to be organised and confident and able to cope with changing environments as you'll be working independently in patients' homes, support is always available. This post is eligible for a Golden Hello payment of �2,750 for new starters who are external to the Trust. This is payable in 3 instalments over a 2-year period. This payment is only eligible to new starters who do not already hold a contract of employment with the Trust. This post also includes paid enhancements for unsocial hours working during night, weekends and bank holidays.Main duties of the job
Our community teams of Nursing and Allied Health Professionals deliver care to people who present with significant physical health care needs in various settings including clinic based, community inpatient, hospices to care in the patient's own home, including care homes, enabling them to be independent, self-caring and live their optimum lives, reducing hospital admissions.
Services range from community nursing, including specialist practitioners, to public health and health promotion such as school nursing and health visiting, with many specialist community services designed to support care pathways such as Physiotherapy, OT, Speech and Language, Dietetics and Podiatry.
Supporting the efficient running of these services are administrative and managerial roles. All roles, at all levels, are vital in transforming community health services, ensuring high quality care is provided both now and into the future based around the needs of our patients - together we all make a difference.About us
Nottinghamshire Healthcare employs over 10,000 colleagues who help #MakeADifference every day. We provide intellectual disability, mental health, community health, forensic and offender healthcare services across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire. Care is delivered from over 120 sites within the community from acute settings and across low, medium and high secure environments including prisons.
As one of the largest mental health and community trusts in the East Midlands and one of the biggest employers in Nottinghamshire. We are also home to national and regional services such as the National High Secure Deaf Service and the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
We are committed to flexible and agile working, including the opportunity to join our bank.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority and as such we invest significantly in this via our in-house Occupational Health Service, Staff Counselling Service and Health and Wellbeing Team.
We offer a number of employee-led staff networks, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) groups, our Green Champions Network, Freedom to Speak Up Network. Health and Wellbeing Champions Network and Menopause Champions. We provide care to a diverse range of communities and are passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the Trust.
If you believe in our values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork, then we would love to hear from you!
#TeamNottsHCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Community Staff Nurse
Mansfield Community Nursing
Band 5,Full time / Part time. Substantive
We are seeking suitably skilled nurses to join our physical healthcare services to the resident adult population of Mansfield Area.
Providing appropriate community nursing care following a robust holistic assessment which enables patients to be cared for in their own homes and clinic settings. You will facilitate the prevention of unnecessary hospital admission/re-admission by reducing the effects of ill health and disability and maximising the individuals potential for independence.
You will be responsible for providing skilled nursing care to the residents of Mansfield or Ashfield Area and will work flexibly in the community to support our evolving and developing services, supporting the team to deliver high quality integrated care. You will need to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to be adaptable, reliable, resourceful and approachable. Working hours will be flexible between the hours 8am to 6pm over seven days.
Community experience is preferred but those with appropriate transferable skills will be considered, as will students having undertaken a community management placement.
The position requires you to work independently, but also be a team player.
A robust induction and competency based development package will be provided. Newly qualified staff will be offered a preceptorship programme.
A full UK driving licence and vehicle for business use is required for this post however reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled individuals in line with the Equality Act 2010. Benefits of a community nursing career
- A robust and tailored competency-based development package which will support you with a vast array of newly acquired nursing skills.
- Newly qualified staff will receive a tailored preceptorship programme
- Access to clinical and managerial supervision from a vast experience base.
- Free parking on all health care sites
- Opportunity to undertake District Nurse degree secondment. Would you like to Try before you buy? Come and see for yourselves how fantastic it is. Contact us now to arrange a day to shadow and spend time in one of our teams. Alternatively if you think this role is what youve been looking for, dont hesitate.apply now, we cant wait to meet you.
- You will be part of a fantastic team who put patient care at the centre of everything they do. Our service covers the hours of 8am to 6pm over seven days, 365 days a year. Flexible working opportunities are available.
- Professional Qualification (General) to degree level or equivalent.
- Maintains current registration with the NMC
- Demonstrate continued professional development to maintain professional registration
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstration of team working
- Good written/oral communication skills Diplomatic, caring & sympathetic
- Ability to be flexible and handle conflict issues
- Good skills in assessment intervention and evaluation of patients nursing care
- IT Skills
- Demonstrates satisfactory clinical expertise for the banding
- Specialist and area specific experience
- Knowledge and understanding of current legislation and understanding of clinical risk assessments
- Knowledge of the nursing 6 c's
- Awareness of national and local issues impacting of nursing care
- Willingness to undertake new clinical practices, education and training that will enhance service delivery
Values & BehavioursEssential
- Ability to work to meet the needs to the service (including unsocial hours and bank holidays)
- A full UK driving licence and vehicle for business use is required for this post however reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled individuals in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- All colleagues are expected to demonstrate that they act in line with Nottinghamshire Healthcare Foundation Trust Values - Trust Honesty Respect Compassion Teamwork
- All colleagues are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) and how it applies to their role
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bull Farm Primary Care Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.