Post Title: 2 x Senior Clinical Pharmacists
Hours: Full time / Part time
Contract Type: Substantive
Responsible to: Lead Pharmacists / Deputy Chief PharmacistsMain duties of the job
We have 2 new posts for band 7 senior clinical pharmacists, as part of the trusts community transformation programme.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, self-motivated and adaptable Pharmacist with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to support the pharmacy department.
You should have previous hospital experience, with relevant mental health experience being desirable although not essential.
A postgraduate qualification in clinical pharmacy / mental health would be advantageous. Training towards an appropriate qualification may be provided by the Trust.
The role is clinical in nature across our four localities -Dudley, Walsall, Sandwell and Wolverhampton with our dispensary outsourced to a third party. This role is based on a 5-day(Mon-Fri) working week, with no expectation to take part in on-call, evenings and weekend rota.About us
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist mental health, learning disability, and community healthcare services for the population of the Black Country.
Across the whole of the region we provide:
- Adult and older adult mental health services
- Specialist learning disability services
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust was formed on 1 April 2020, after NHS England and NHS Improvement approved the merger of Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust.
Combining resources, strategies and talented workforce enables us to deliver a wider variety of outstanding services that are based on best practice and are continually improving.
We currently employ over 3,000 members of staff and just like the population we serve, we are made up of diverse cultures and backgrounds.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Screening all medication charts for appropriate and cost-effective prescribing
Planning, managing, monitoring and review of therapeutic programmes adjusting dosages and route of administration through timely intervention and communication with medical, nursing and other healthcare professionals
Evaluating efficacy and toxicity of medication used, observing and reporting risk issues relating to the use of medications
Recording of all clinical interventions to demonstrate activityPerson SpecificationFrom Application FormEssential
- Full GPhC registration as a pharmacist in the UK
- Relevant hospital clinical pharmacy experience
- Experience of MDT / team working
- Evidence of relevant continued professional development and willingness to study for PG qualification
- Evidence of care / compassion / empathy
- Time management / workload planning
- Able to work under pressure
- Experience of audit
- Experience of data analysis
- IT literate
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Completed or working towards a post-graduate qualification certificate / diploma
- Drug budget management advice
- Experience in delivering education and training
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.