Executive Assistant Post Ref: 389-23-5819282 Hours per week - 37.5 hours per week between 8am and 5.00pm to support the needs of the service
The jobholder has a wide span of responsibility and will ensure that necessary systems are in place to provide a responsive and efficient administrative service to the Executive Team. The post will undertake the full range of senior administrative duties including overseeing diary management, management of information, preparation of documentation and support to meetings (including minute taking) and events. The jobholder has responsibility for dispersing wide-ranging communications across the organisation and external agencies. .
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, pro-active, be able to work on their own initiative, have a good working knowledge of office procedures with excellent communication skills both written and verbal along with the essential requirement of managing electronic diaries and servicing, taking and transcribing formal minutes of meetings.Main duties of the job
The jobholder will work collaboratively as part of the Executive Administration Team and be expected to work without direct supervision, carrying out their duties in such a way as to make a direct and positive contribution to the Executive Team. The jobholder is responsible for the day-to-day management and performance management of designated staff.
The jobholder has a wide span of responsibility and will ensure that necessary systems are in place to provide a responsive and efficient administrative service to the Executive Team. The jobholder will undertake the full range of senior administrative duties including overseeing diary management, management of information, preparation of documentation and support to meetings (including minute taking) and events. The jobholder has responsibility for dispersing wide-ranging communications across the organisation and external agencies. It is essential that the jobholder undertakes the extensive duties with flexibility, initiative and enthusiasm and operates as an integral part of the Executive Administrative Team based in Trust Headquarters.About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.
Closing date may change dependent on the responsePerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Relevant experience of managing staff, (at team leader level or above), which incorporates prioritising work loads
- Communicating complex, sensitive information with a range of staff internally and externally across the organisation
- Significant experience of servicing, taking and transcribing formal minutes of meetings
- Experience of producing detailed written reports and presentations using Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience of using Microsoft Office products
- Experience in recruitment and selection.
- Experience of the NHS
- Strong IT Skills and excellent keyboard skills
- Ability to deal with complex enquiries having the skills for investigating a variety of issues and proposing solutions.
- Established written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing at a high level
- Attention to detail
- Must have the ability to lead, motivate appraise & develop staff
- Developed persuasive, facilitative and influencing skills
- Change management skills
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
- Knowledge and understanding of using the web and web based information products (including the Intranet)
- Microsoft Office packages, including Excel and Power-point, internet, e-mail etc.
- Supervisory or Management qualification at degree level or equivalent level of knowledge and experience
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- RSA III/OCR Typing/word Processing (or equivalent qualification) or skills commensurate with those expected at RSA III/OCR.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Advanced secretarial qualifications
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.