There are new exciting changes being made to access and referrals into Secondary Care mental health services. Are you an experienced mental health clinician with a desire to provide the highest quality care to our service users? Do you want to challenge yourself in a fast paced supportive environment where you can continue to grow and develop your skills? If so then we are currently looking for motivated and enthusiastic Band 6 Nurses/Social Workers/Occupational Therapists to join our team based in Nuneaton / North Warwickshire.
Our Mental Health Access Hub with a separate team for home treatment form part of the community provision for secondary mental health care in Coventry and Warwickshire. We welcome applications from reliable individuals, who are passionate and committed to make a positive difference to our service users.Main duties of the job
As the front door to secondary care mental health, the Mental Health Access Hub (MHAH) receives and triages all referrals into services. The successful candidate will identify any needs using a holistic triaging tool and will refer on to the most appropriate service to meet the needs of the service user. This may include the MHAH conducting and urgent assessment where urgent needs are identified.
The Home Treatment Team provide care and treatment to services users using the least restrictive principles to ensure recovery is achieved at home in order to avoid hospital admissions. This includes intensive home treatment, gatekeeping admissions to hospital and also facilitating early discharge from hospital inpatient units. For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.About us
At Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT), we deliver a wide range of physical, mental health, learning disability and autism services, and are proud to serve communities across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond.
We put 'people at our heart' this ethos is at the centre of everything we do and how we do it. We care for our staff and colleagues as much as they care for others and offer a wide range of benefits and development opportunities.
- generous annual leave entitlement which increases during your time with us
- excellent learning and development opportunities, including apprenticeship frameworks, distance learning, internal training, coaching and mentoring, and much more
- salary sacrifice schemes for lease car/ vehicle, Cycle to Work, home and electronics, gym membership and more
- discounts with a range of retailers, restaurants and entertainment venues through our Employee Assistance Programme and NHS discount schemes
- wellbeing support, including an in-house counselling service, external helpline and more
- staff networks and support groups
We're always on the lookout for people who share our passion for improving the lives and wellbeing of people in our community, as well as our values of compassion, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are looking for registered professionals who are compassionate, motivated and approachable. In return you will be working within a supportiveteam with strong commitment to excellent customer care.
As the successful candidate you must have a professional qualification i.e., nursing, occupational therapist or social worker, with substantial post registration experience as a qualified professional of which you will have recent experience working with clients within a secondary care mental health setting.
You will be responsible for the assessment, risk assessment/s and formulation of crisis care plan/s and discharge preparation for our service users.
The team/s operate a 24 hour Rota system and you will be expected to work various shift patterns. For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Relevant Professional Qualification i.e RMN, DipCOT
- Current unrestricted registration with HCPC/NMC
- Specialist expertise across a range of procedures
- Professional knowledge acquired through degree/diploma
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Substantial experience in a Mental health care setting
- Significant experience of risk assessment and positive risk management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Must have full driving licence and access to a motor vehicle for business use
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
Manor Hospital site
Manor Court Ave
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.