Come and join a fantastic team where we support one another! Come an work for an outstanding Trust! We have excellent opportunities for progression and development!
Aston ward are seeking an experienced Band 6 Charge Nurse who has the skills and knowledge of working in an acute mental health wards. We will consider applications from band 5s who are ready for a promotion!
Aston Ward is a 22 bedded acute mental health assessment and treatment ward offering acute mental health care to adults. The ward provides mixed sex accommodation and has a multi-disciplinary team including psychologists, occupational therapy, recreational workers as well as the nursing and medical team. Come and visit the friendly team based in Stevenage - contact Hannah Lovatt on 01438 285416 - we'd love to hear from you!Main duties of the job
- have excellent opportunity for progression and development
- provide mental health support and care to service users experiencing mental health crisis
- be a key member of Ward Inpatient Team acting as the charge nurse for the unit
- be responsible / primary nurse for a designated group of patients
- be responsible for the assessment of their needs and for the planning, implementing and evaluation of the care provided to meet those needs
- be leading on shifts on the ward and provide clinical supervision to junior staff members
- have excellent communication and relationship management skills
- treat patients with fairness and respect, maintaining confidentiality appropriately
- be fully involved in ward rounds, handovers and other meetings where patient care is discussed and reviewed as required
We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from theCare Quality Commission
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. Everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout: Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
In addition to managing the clinical aspects of being a Band 6 Charge Nurse, You will take an active part in the assessment, treatment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for service users in collaboration with inpatient multi-disciplinary services. Liaising with colleagues and carers, ensuring they are fully aware of all aspects of a service users care and treatment.
You will have effective communication skills and be able to contribute towards patient recovery and wellbeing.
You will be able to identify individuals' care needs. Planning, implementing and evaluating care plans and risk assessments in collaboration with other teams and professionals. Maintaining lines of communication with all departments and staff involved in a service users care. Reporting on progress and effectiveness to the appropriate MDT.
Participating in ward rounds and handovers, etc. Preparing reports as required. Acting as deputy manager to junior staff providing leadership and support. For a more in-depth Job and Person Specification please see attached Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RMN/RLDN or Dip/ Bsc (Hons) in Mental Health/ Learning Disability Nursing ENB 998 / Preceptorship and Mentorship. ENB.
- Some post registration experience at Band 5
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working in other clinical settings.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.