This post is for a Band 6 Rotational Physiotherapist to join our inpatient medical and surgical therapy team at York hospital. This is a rotational post to move every 12 months around the medical and surgical speciality wards and pulmonary rehab services.
We believe our workplace is place of safety for all to express and be themselves. This is built on honesty, transparency, trust and mutual respect regardless of role. Our culture allows us to put our patients at the heart of everything we do, and outline that all our patients have the right to rehabilitation. We embrace change and are not afraid to go the extra mile. We also hold the world record for the quantity of cake eaten per month (probably).
This post would suit a Band 5 looking to progress, or a Band 6 looking to develop specialist clinical skills and expertise around Acute Respiratory, Surgery and Medicine. We have an established support network so all applicants who are unsure about their readiness's for a post of this nature are also encouraged to apply.
Our specialities include:
- Cardiology/some neurology
- ICU and critical care
- Head and neck
- Vascular surgery
Click here to meet the team
In addition to the acute wards, we also cover pulmonary rehab and amputee outpatient service. In addition, you will be required to be part of the Respiratory On Call and weekend working rota.Main duties of the job
You will be part of a skilled multi professional team, providing a high quality therapy service. You will be involved in all aspects of the assessment, treatment and discharge process, and work alongside both health and social care colleagues to ensure that patients remain as independent as possible and achieve the best possible health and social outcomes.
You will be expected to undertake a comprehensive assessment of patients, including those with diverse or complex/ multi pathology presentations. Use advanced clinical reasoning skills and assessment techniques, and provide and deliver an effective treatment plan and to evaluate any intervention.
You will deliver specialist, evidence based treatment options using assessment, clinical reasoning skills and knowledge of treatment to address relevant functional physical and skill deficit to promote and enable our patients in their recovery.
You will have access to managerial, clinical supervision and appraisal opportunities to identify objectives to progress within the four pillars of practice.
For full details please refer to the job description attached.
We actively promote and encourage personal and professional development and have a commitment to lifelong learning.About us
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description. Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind we are open and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: email@example.com.
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.Person SpecificationEducation, Qualifications and TrainingEssential
Experience & Knowledge RequiredEssential
- HCPC Registered Physiotherapist
- Evidence of relevant CPD activities
- Experience in a relevant junior role, including the management of a range of Respiratory conditions with evidence of additional knowledge acquired through formal and informal clinical supervision.
- Experience in delivering clinical treatment within relevant area
- Experience in assessment and provision of specialist equipment.
- Awareness of current issues in health care Standards of Professional Practice
Skills & AttributesEssential
- Experience in the use of outcome measures to evaluate clinical treatment
- Experience of training/supporting others (including students) within Medical and Surgical.
- Delivery of relevant audit projects
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate engagement with others and understanding of the impact of good and poor communication.
- Ability to work as an effective member of multidisciplinary team
- Ability to present information, written and verbally in a clear and logical manner
- Developed/ Specialist clinical skills within Medical and Surgical.
Values, Drivers & MotivatorsEssential
- Evidence of personal development in medical
Aptitude & Personal QualitiesEssential
- Ability to demonstrate our organisational values and behaviours:
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexible & adaptable
- Demonstrates a professional approach to the role
- Ability to work as a team
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
York Teaching Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.