Technology is at the heart of the LAS ability to continuously improve in order to provide safe, high-quality, patient-centred care.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join the IM& T Critical Systems Team working within the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) Support team
The holder of the Test Analyst role will ensure the functional readiness of computer software and hardware products before they go out to end users.
The role demands a high level of operational expertise in order to design and implement testing regimes which will test functional and non-functional aspects of the software used across the Trust, specifically in the Trust's Control Rooms, both 999 and 111.Main duties of the job
- To design, develop and conduct a series of tests and evaluations that identify any potential issues with the product before itsgeneral release, working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure software is fit for purpose.
- Provide assurance of software readiness through systematic and rigorous testing.
- Analyse and define test requirements, develop test plans, test cases and scripts to thoroughly test newly developed functionality or support fixes for the systems and changes to operational systems.
- Analyse and compile complex system performance and test results into logical reporting structures using appropriate software tools.
- Reporting defects accurately to both internal and external stakeholders, and managing through to successful resolution.
London Ambulance Service serves one of the worlds most dynamic and diverse cities and is the busiest ambulance service in the UK. We handle over 1.9 million emergency calls from across the capital every year as well as delivering a 24 hour NHS 111 Integrated Urgent Care Service in South East and North East London that we estimate will respond to around 1.4million urgent care calls by the end of the year.
We employ over 9,000 people who work or volunteer, across London to respond to the health needs of over 8 million people who live, work and travel in the capital.
We work closely with our NHS partners and are commissioned by 32 clinical commissioning groups spread across 5 STPs and NHS England for our specialist services.
As the only pan-London NHS provider we have a unique opportunity to play a leading role in integrating access to emergency and urgent care right across London.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
London Ambulance Service NHS Trust is the busiest ambulance Trust in the UK. We are seeking someone who will fit with the Trust values of Caring, Respect and Teamwork.
For further details, please see attached job description.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a technical role
- Hold ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing, or attain within 12 months of job commencing
- ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation, or attain within 12 months of job commencing
- Experience of supporting and maintaining computer systems and software applications in a large organisation
- Demonstrable experience working on systems and application testing
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Previous experience working in a Control Room or Call Centre
- Experience of analytical and design skills within a structured methodology
- Demonstrable experience working within a project management framework such as Prince2 or Agile
- Experience working with NHS and Clinical focused systems and applications
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent analytical skills and initiative to identify and resolve potentially complex problems spanning multiple systems and geographical/operational areas.
- Ability to prioritise and plan work, using evidence of time management to meet deadlines whilst maintaining quality standards
- Ability to understand and adapt to frequently changing information and to respond to conflicting priorities
- The ability to respond quickly to multiple tasks, prioritising or escalating as required
- Ability to analyse complex and sometimes conflicting data sets, with a logical approach
- Ability to solve problems and make informed recommendations to peers and senior stakeholders based on detailed data analysis.
- The ability to work both as part of a team and autonomously are essential
London Ambulance Service NHS TrustAddress
220 Waterloo Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.