Are you a dynamic decision maker, able to identify different pathways across a range of services to create tailored journeys for individual patients?
If you have innovative aspirations, this evolving role provides plenty of scope for contributing to the reorganisation of services at a local and Trust level.
The role provides a great deal of autonomy and you will be actively encouraged to network and promote links with a wide range of services.
As part of the Midlands Partnership Foundation Trust we offer:
Main duties of the job
- An annual salary of up to �47,672 (37.5 hours per week) depending on experience
- 35 - 41 days annual leave - including bank holidays(depending on length of service)
- Ongoing career development and training
- NHS Pension Scheme - one of the most comprehensive and generous schemes in the UK
- Wellbeing support, such as access to the MPFT Staff Psychology Service, and additional wellbeing days, along with activities throughout the year
- The opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Flexible working opportunities (depending on the role)
- Access to SOOTHE resources - supporting staff across the trust with their physical, mental and financial health. In addition to the support offered from our occupational health provider Team Prevent.
- Innovative research training program entitled STARS (Supporting the advancement of Research Skills)
- NHS discounts available via the Blue Card and Red Guava schemes
Good communication skills and an ability to work autonomously are vital to this role as you will be liaising between primary and secondary sectors to facilitate the safe and efficient movement of patients between TT services and Adult Community Mental Health Teams.
The successful candidate will form an integral part of the leadership team across the South Staffordshire Talking Therapies (TT) service. They will be line managed and supervised within TT and will work in the space between TT and secondary care mental health services within MPFT, providing liaison and consultancy for patients who may otherwise fall between services in the West Staffordshire Locality. The team includes CBT therapists, counsellors, IPT practitioners and EMDR practitioners, providing psychological therapies to clients with anxiety and depression, according to NICE guidelines. The successful candidate will also hold a small clinical caseload and will manage duty supervision to the TT team alongside other supervisory responsibilities.
Previous experience working in primary and secondary care and as a clinical supervisor are essential requirements. People with lived experience of mental health issues are encouraged to apply for this post.
The service works core 9-5 hours but offers therapy opportunities for patients between the hours of 8am-8pm Monday to Friday. The successful candidates will ideally be prepared to work flexibly to meet service needs within these hours.About us
Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Talkin Therapies is a creative organisation which embraces staff ideas to constantly seek ways of taking the service forward to adapt to changing expectations.
We have strong links with academic institutions with staff from the service teaching university courses devised in conjunction with MPFT.
Our staff lead professional development sessions locally and nationally and you will be actively encouraged to develop your practice through internal and external CPD opportunities.
Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Talking Therapies is part of the Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT) is an award winning organisation with over 9000 employees. We are one of the largest integrated Health and Social Care providers, covering services across North & South Staffordshire, Shropshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Isle of Wight and Essex.
Demonstrating our strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, and in context of our objective aligned to the growth of diversity across the workforce we are particularly seeking applications from individuals who may be from under-represented groups, such as black, Asian or other ethnic groups, individuals with a disability, or LGBTQ+ individuals who meet the specific criteria.
We are embedding values based and inclusive recruitment practices to ensure that all applicants, from any backgrounds, have an equal chance of success in achieving a role with us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Make decisions on the suitability of new referrals, identifying the most suitable service for patients
- Formulate, implement and evaluate individual therapy programmes for patients that fall between Primary and Secondary services
- Attend Inter service meetings with regard to referrals
- Liaise with other health and social care staff from a range of agencies with a regard to referrals
- Promote and maintain links with services across the Trust to help co-ordinate provision of an effective Psychological Therapies Service
- Provide specialist advice to other professionals from the Trust and voluntary agencies in regard to our therapeutic service provision
- Contribute to the teaching and training of mental health professionals and other staff working in the service
A detailed job description and personal specification listing necessary qualifications are attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Band 7 Therapist: Qualification from High Intensity IAPT Course (Post Graduate Diploma) OR Equivalent: e.g. A recorded/registered doctoral level qualification in clinical or counselling psychology/ a recorded/registered qualification in one of the following - nursing, social work, occupational therapy, arts therapy or a psychological therapy - plus further post graduate qualification training in a psychological therapy which may be CBT or another IAPT appropriate evidence based therapy (i.e. IPT) to at least equivalent of a post graduate diploma AND Significant experience working as a psychological therapy practitioner and demonstrating the competences as required.
- Relevant experience in Primary Care treating anxiety and depression.
- Demonstrable experience of working in mental health services
- Demonstrates high standards in written communication
- Experience of teaching and liaising with other professional groups
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working in Primary Care Services
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Talking Therapies
102 High Green Court
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.