Due to a retirement, we have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Lead to join our North Locality of NHS West Sussex Talking Therapies (previously Time to Talk). The successful candidate will hold clinical leadership of the North Locality and work closely with Clinical Lead peers to deliver service-wide (West Sussex Talking Therapies) clinical initiatives.
NHS West Sussex Talking Therapies is one of England's leading and largest NHS Talking Therapies services. We are patient focussed and innovative. We are proud of the high standards we maintain and the supportive and inclusive culture we have created and foster within our teams.
We are looking for someone who has a strong track record in clinical leadership, highly motivated with a passion for continually improving outcomes for patients and staff and promoting inclusive practice and collaborative working. The post holder should have a keen eye for detail, clinical governance, and the ability to translate and work with a variety of complex data sets and information.
Our North Locality covers Crawley, Horsham and Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath and comprises of around 100 clinical and non-clinical staff. We work flexibly with a blended model (home working and working on site). All our bases are well located and easily accessed by public transport.Main duties of the job
The Clinical Lead will be responsible for the overall clinical leadership of the NHS West Sussex Talking Therapies North Locality, ensuring that the senior clinical team are engaged in and accountable for delivering high quality, effective, NICE evidence-based psychological therapies and clinical supervision, in adherence to the NHS Talking Therapies Manual.
The Clinical Lead will ensure that both clinical and operational arms of the service leadership team work in synergy to support the growth and development of the service managing high level risk, quality, governance and performance.
Specifically this will include oversight of programmes around workforce development, recruitment and retention of both trainees and qualified staff, supervision and continued professional development, development of a blended model of working, driving forward innovations that support quality and sustainability, management of risks, serious incidents and learning ensuring operating procedures are in place and delivery against targets for key performance indicators for access and quality, as set through national and local regulatory bodies.About us
Why work for us?
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We have opportunities for everyone across our wide variety of services working in supportive team environments, including medical, clinical, support and corporate services
- Positive 2022 NHS Staff Survey results with compassionate culture and leadership, and support for staff wellbeing, scoring highly.
- A variety of working environments across the community, in patients' homes, within our community hospitals and bases across the county.
- Supportive flexible working patterns such as: part time, flexi time, annualised hours, and flexi retirement options.
- Excellent training and development opportunities tailored to individuals.
- Research opportunities
- Cost-effective and convenient workplace nurseries in Crawley, Hove and Brighton
- Thriving BAME, Disability and Wellbeing, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief staff networks
- We are proud to be a Level 3 accredited Disability Confident Leader, committed to creating inclusive workplaces.
- We are proud to be a Veteran Aware Trust, achieving accreditation from Veterans Covenant Healthcare Alliance (VCHA)
- Located in stunning Sussex, with easy access to the South Downs and the coast.
- Access to a wide range of benefits and discounts for NHS staff.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification which include detailed information about the role and responsibilities.Person SpecificationQualifications/AccreditationsEssential
- Accreditation/registration with a core profession as listed by the BABCP
- Accredited as a CBT Therapist with BABCP
- Doctoral or post graduate level training in the field of psychological therapy in a clinical setting
- Post qualification training in NICE recommended treatments, including more than one clinical treatment model
- Qualification or significant experience in the delivery of training in the context of psychological therapies
- Experience in QI and /or audit and research methodology
- Training/experience in leadership and change management skills
- Substantial post qualifying experience in clinical supervision.
- Significant post qualifying clinical work in NHS or similar settings
- Experience of professional leadership of psychotherapists and counsellors, and managing services or projects
- Extensive experience in a specialist area of psychological practice
- Experience in working with complex cases, and skill in liaison with other key stakeholders , including secondary care mental health services
- Experience in working in an NHS Talking therapies service in primary care or equivalent
- Experience in developing and writing SOPs, processes and policies to support appropriate governance of clinical processes in the context of a psychological therapy service
- Experience in reviewing and preparing documentation in relation to patient safety information, including coroner's statements and reports
- Highly specialist clinical and psychological therapy skills in the context of NHS Talking Therapies service therapies
- Ability to deal adequately with highly complex referrals and assessments and guide others with complex clinical decision making.
- Working knowledge of the theory and practice of other psychological therapies.
- Ability to lead others and establish healthy team cultures which promote excellent patient care support and develop team members.
- Ability to undertake audit cycles in order to improve patient care.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to flex to suit service need
- Ability to travel between sites
Sussex Community NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Burgess Hill, Crawley, Haywards Heath or Horsham
Burgess Hill, Crawley, Haywards Heath or Horsham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.