Are you Mental Health Practitioner with a passion for Older Adult Mental Health care? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join to come and join our Initial Response Service team. This is an exciting time to be part of the crisis pathway and support people with mental health to ensure they access the most appropriate support at the right time.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our Trust. You will be part of delivering a significant transformation to the way services are accessed and delivered. We are looking for experienced Band 6 Nurses, Social Workers or Occupational Therapists with a desired background in Older adult mental health, this role will not be exclusive to older adults and will include working with all age adults.
The new service offers:
Main duties of the job
- A single referral point for GPs and other professionals
- A 24-hour telephone advice and support for people who use services and carers to be able to self-refer
- More responsive crisis services with improved experiences for people who use services, carers and professionals
Our aim is to provide people with mental health issues access to the support they need at the right time, with positive outcomes.
The service is 24/7 but as a Practitioner you will be working a shift patterns within our teams based in The Harbour Hospital, Blackpool and will include referral screening, triaging, signposting and supporting the call handlers and administrator's team, who provide information and support over the telephone.
With the service being based at The Harbour Hospital, it gives staff free parking, a caf on site and areas for staff to have breaks.
Shift times and days are negotiable and can be discussed at interview, part-time and full time positions are available.
We are looking for people who are dedicated to promoting recovery, and who can inspire people experiencing mental health and their families that recovery is possible for everyone.About us
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For more details on this vacancy please review the attached job description and person specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Recognised Core Mental Health Professional Qualification (e.g. RMN/Dip SW/OT)
- In-depth knowledge of mental health problems
- In-depth knowledge of issues that impact upon people with mental health problems
- Detailed knowledge of the impact of risk and protective factors that affect people with mental health problems
- Knowledge of medication prescribed for management of mental health issues
- In-depth knowledge of diversity and anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive practice.
- Knowledge of current mental health legislation/policy
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of post qualification clinical work with service users experiencing a range of mental health problems
- Experience of delivering evidence based interventions in a time-limited framework
- Evidence of assessment across a broad range of mental health problems
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience of risk assessment and management
- Experience of multi-agency working.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.