The Royal Marsden has a vital role in championing change and improvement in cancer care through research and innovation, education, and leading-edge practice. We are incredibly proud of our international reputation for pushing the boundaries and for our ground-breaking work ensuring patients receive the very latest and best in cancer treatment and care.
Rated as CQC 'Outstanding', The Royal Marsden is a world leader in cancer care, pioneering treatment and ground-breaking research, and has achieved one of the best results for staff engagement across all acute specialist Trusts in the most recent NHS Staff Survey. We have an overall patient experience rating of 9/10, the highest score for any Trust forquality of care. We provide our nurses and ODPs with thetraining, support and staffing levelsthat enable them to provide the best care to patients.
We have seven modern theatres in Chelsea, including two robotic theatres, and two in our sister hospital in Sutton, and a well equipped recovery room. We recover a range of patients, from day surgery patients to those progressing to HDU, and from a wide range of specialties, including Sarcoma and Melanoma, Upper and Lower GI, Plastics, Head and Neck, Gynaecology, Urology and Breast. Our specialist recovery team is trusted, hard working and supportive, and we're looking for a motivated nurse or ODP who can demonstrate a real interest in high quality post-operative care to join us.Main duties of the job
- To carry out duties according to statutory competencies, appropriate expanded role and maintained codes of professional conduct (NMC/HPC).
- To manage the total nursing care of patients competently and be accountable for professional actions.
- To ensure that all patients are treated as individuals, within the agreed codes of nursing practice.
- To be responsible for the total care of patients who require any clinical intervention in recovery.
- To display competent knowledge in nursing/ODP practice in this specialty.
- To promote and uphold nursing/ODP standards and identify/recommend changes which will enhance the quality of care.
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust is a world-leading cancer centre. Our role is to offer our patients the best cancer care available anywhere in the world, and to continue to make a global contribution to finding better ways of diagnosing and treating cancer. We employ over 4,500 staff in a diverse range of careers including nursing, medical, science, radiography, pharmacy, occupational therapy, finance and administrative services. We have two hospitals - one in Chelsea, London, and one in Sutton, Surrey - as well as a Medical Daycare Unit in Kingston Hospital.
At The Royal Marsden, we deal with cancer every day, so we understand how valuable life is. When people entrust their lives to us, they have the right to demand the very best. That's why the pursuit of excellence lies at the heart of everything we do.
At the heart of the hospital is our dedicated team. We offer a stimulating and dynamic working environment, a wide range of staff benefits, learning and development opportunities and clear career pathways. There are opportunities to work flexibly across a range of areas and specialities and we welcome flexible working requests from point of hire to support employees work life balance. We are looking for employees who aspire to excellence, share our values and can play a crucial role in our on-going achievements.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor further information on this role, please see the attached detailed Job Description and Person Specification:
- To be responsible for the assessment, development, implantation and evaluation of needs of patients.
- To carry out all relevant forms of care for patients of all specialties.
- To maintain supervision of unregistered staff, during each spell of duty.
- To be able to teach other nursing/ODP staff including nurse/ODP learners
- Registered Nurse/ Registered ODP
- C & G 752/NVQ level 3 ODP/Dip HE ODP
- Able to demonstrate sound knowledge Recovery, Anaesthetics and surgical procedures
- Knowledge of research and audit
Special aptitudes and dispositionEssential
- Accredited Anaesthetic course or Recovery course
- Experience in area of speciality
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Computer literacy
- Commitment to personal and professional development
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Royal Marsden Hospital Chelsea
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.