This is an exciting new opportunity for aRegistered Nurse
to join our team here at Musgrove. We care for patients with a cancer diagnosis undergoing anti-cancer treatment who present with acute symptoms secondary to their cancer or its treatment.
The post holder will work with theAcute Haematology Oncology Team (AHOS)
to deliver a comprehensive acute oncology service to oncology and haematology patients within the Trust and support the AHOS team in line with the national guidance, recommendations and policies.Main duties of the job
As part of this role you will support the cancer helpline, participate in acute oncology ward rounds and work alongside the current Nurse Practitioner team in the community and across various peripheral Trust sites as well as:
- Developing advanced clinical expertise with an emphasis on clinical examination and assessment skills
- Focusing specifically on the management of life-threatening clinical situation such as neutropenia and other associated complications of cancer and its treatments
- Providing an assessment service to ensure responsive triage (via the cancer helpline including weekends and bank holidays) and implementation of appropriate and timely clinical care for patients with complications of diagnosed cancer and or its associated anti-cancer therapies
- Ensuring proactive delivery of preventative care to minimise the risks of the effects of cancer and its treatments
As an organisation, Somerset NHS Foundation Trust offers employees a wide range of benefits including flexible working, NHS pension scheme, generous annual leave allowance and a commitment to career development.
You will be eligible for our Blue Light Card and a wide range of NHS exclusive shopping & leisure discounts.
We are proud of our skilled, diverse workforce and as an inclusive employer we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Working in Somerset enables you to enjoy the idyllic countryside, areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable.
Somerset offers the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To work with the Acute Haematology Oncology Team (AHOS) to deliver a comprehensive acute oncology service to oncology and haematology patients within the Trust and support the AHOS team in line with the national guidance, recommendations and policy.
The post holder will provide specialist services to cancer patients, please refer to the attached job description for further details on the role.Person SpecificationPerson specificationEssential
- Experience of oncology/haematology
- NMC registered Nurse
- High Level of clinical expertise in an acute care setting
- Evidence of a good standard of Literacy / English language skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Advanced Communication Skills training
- Non Medical Prescribing
- ED/AMU experience
- Cancer care course at degree level
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Musgrove Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.