We are looking to recruit a motivated, forward-thinking experienced mammographer to join our multidisciplinary specialist breast screening and Symptomatic team in the Breast Unit at Wycombe Hospital.
The successful post holder will undertake a major role in the management of all departmental staff, including recruitment & retention, staff appraisals, sickness management, disciplinary matters, and support of staff. act The post holder will also be part of the Breast Imaging Management dealing with service planning and service development, and align themselves with the departments, and wider hospital's goals and values.
The applicant must
have a UK Postgraduate Award in Mammography Practice (formerly the Certificate of Competence in Mammography) and at least 3 years
mammography experience. It is expected that the successful applicant will make a real difference to our workplace and to the service which we offer to our patients.
The post holder will be based at Wycombe Hospital, High Wycombe however they will be required to travel, working as required on mobile breast units sited at various locations throughout the county. The candidate needs to hold a full driving licence and have access to a car.
This is an innovative unit committed to delivering an excellent service to our population of symptomatic breast patients and NHSBSP clients. We are hoping to introduce CEM in the near future.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be an experienced HCPC registered diagnostic radiographer with breast imaging expertise and leadership skills appropriate to this grade and post. A UK Postgraduate Award in Mammography Practice (formerly the Certificate of Competence in Mammography) is essential. Further training for a management qualification will be expected.
- To produce high standard of images.
- To ensure that a patient centred approach is always maintained.
- To provide highly skilled and specialised Mammography within a symptomatic and screening setting
- Participate in the mobile breast screening service on a flexible basis across all sites.
- Participate as required in the NHSBSP assessment clinics and provide effective support for consultant staff.
- To work without supervision in mammography, managing own workload and organisation of junior colleagues.
- Take a proactive leading role, supervising, inspiring and educating a team of clinical staff that includes radiographers, advanced practitioners,mammography practitioners and radiographic assistants.
- Support with the breast screening mobile moves, training staff and workload organisation.
- To act as deputy for Superintendent Mammographer, dealing with day-to-day issues, supporting and managing staff, including recruitment & retention, staff appraisals, sickness management, disciplinary matters
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
o As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.o We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes. o We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.Why work for us?
o We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.o As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.o Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.What do we stand for?
o Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.o Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.o Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree or equivalent in Radiography
- Post graduate award in Mammography
- HCPC Registration
- Degree or equivalent in Radiography
- Evidence of CPD and attendance at relevant short courses
- Certificate in Mammography
- HPC Registration
- Evidence of CPD and attendance at relevant courses
- 3 Years experience in Mammography
- Experience of QA
- Supervision and training of Junior colleagues
- Full Driving licence and access to car
- onising Radiation Legislation
- Manual handling skills
- Clear concise oral and written communication skills in order to deal with a range of staff/ patients and provide written reports.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety issues
- Ability to deal with difficult situations, complaints, aggressive behaviour
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Keyboard skills
- Computer literate
- Organisational skills
- Ability to develop protocols for clinical imaging
- Appraisal and objective setting
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Travel to other sites and car driver
- Flexible to cover annual leave/sickness
- Physically fit
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Bucks Breast Unit, Wycombe Hospital
Queen Alexandra Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.