An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Estates & Facilities department for an exceptional and experienced administrator to provide administrative and organisational support, minute-taking and extensive diary management, to the estates Team.Main duties of the job
This is a role for a highly organised and committed personal assistant who will provide support to the Director of Estates, Facilities & Redevelopment and senior management team. The postholder will need to be a team player, with strong communication skills and be able to undertake extensive diary management.
To provide full secretarial and administrative support to the Director and senior management team.
To contribute to the smooth running of the offices, including providing temporary cover for the Project & Governance Manager.About us
Our people are our greatest asset. When we feel supported and happy at work, this positivity reaches those very people we are here for, the patients. Engaged employees perform at their best and our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) initiatives contribute to cultivate a culture of engagement. We have four staff networks, a corporate EDI Team and a suite of programmes and events which aim to insert the 5 aspirations: Improving representation at senior levels of staff with disabilities, from black, Asian, and ethnic minorities background, identify as LGBTQ+ and women, through improved recruitment and leadership development Widening access (anchor institution) and employability Improving the experience of staff with disability Improving the EDI literacy and confidence of trust staff through training and development Making equalities mainstream Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesKey Result Areas & Performance:
- To provide a comprehensive secretarial and administrative support function to the Director including taking minutes at regular meetings.
- To manage the diary of the Director and senior managers, dealing confidently with staff at all levels both internally and externally using independent judgement to make necessary revisions
- To deal with incoming correspondence (written and email) on a daily basis, referring post to other members of staff or departments for action as appropriate.
- To arrange meetings, including hospitality, ensuring agendas and associated papers are disseminated in a timely manner ahead of meetings.
- To attend meetings as requested, producing minutes or action logs and disseminating information as necessary
- To type and draft where appropriate, correspondence and other documents as required, checking all typing for accuracy, spelling and grammar before it is sent
- To monitor stock levels of stationery and equipment and order as required
- To deal with all enquiries in a polite and courteous manner, using tact and discretion, referring enquiries to other staff as necessary and/or responding appropriately to the query. This may require obtaining and sending information in various forms.
- To be responsible for co-ordinating responses to complaints for the Directorate and responding in line with Trust policy
- To occasionally deal with difficult situations when seeking or asking for information regarding complaint letters or appointment letters together with verbal complaints.
- To ensure that efficient and effective systems of communication and office practices, such as filing, are established and maintained, both in paper and electronic form.
- To be responsible for updating attendances for staff and making necessary changes when staff change their hours of work, annual leave and other absences.
- To maintain an effective Bring Forward system
To ensure that confidentiality of information, both oral and written, is maintained at all times.
To work closely with the other Corporate Directors Personal Assistants to assist the smooth running of the secretarial and administrative provision including providing cover as necessary
To represent the Director in a professional manner at all times.
To undertake delegated projects or assignments and prepare reports arising from these
- On behalf of the director, carry out research/fact finding work to inform current issues/projects.
- To complete eRostering as appropriate
- Responsible for raising orders on SBS system, receipting invoices and dealing with matching queries
- Responsible for raising waivers on the Procurement system
- Responsible for issuing tenders using the Atamis software system
- Manage variation process for works requests relating to the PFI contract, including regular communication with key stakeholders on progression of variation requests.
- To update the Intranet with Trust reports
- Responsible for monitoring stock levels, ordering and maintaining office supplies/equipment, placing Requisitions orders on SBS receipting them and making payments when appropriate
- Responsible for logging serious and red incident reports ensuring the documents are signed in a timely manner.
- Dealing with any issues that arise in the absence of the Director, filtering whats based on importance.
- Responsible for organising interviews, induction, ID and Login details for new members of staff.
To provide cover for secretarial/administrative duties as necessary during absences and at times of pressure.
- To work autonomously, prioritising own workload, deciding when necessary to refer to the Executive Assistant
- To provide general technical support and advice to colleagues on software packages.
- To deal with staffing requirements and ensuring that staff attend mandatory training
- Assist the Director in the recruitment of staff, providing information on their behalf and liaising with the recruitment providers making sure that timetables and schedules for interviews are properly organised.
- Placing orders on SBS system for setting monthly payments for Consultants/staff employed on temporary/interim basis
The postholder is expected to work across both hospital sites. Partnerships
Communications and Relationships:
Trust Executive Team
Trust Medical Staff
Trust Senior Nurses and General Managers
All Trust employees
Patients and relatives as necessary
Department of Health
NHS Trust Development Authority
Lewisham Clinical Commissioning Group
Greenwich Clinical Commissioning Group
Bexley Clinical Commissioning Group
London Borough of Lewisham
Royal Borough of Greenwich
Other Trusts and CCGs
Local Press and Media General
- To ensure that a high quality and timely word processing service is provided (utilising all Microsoft Office packages) when producing correspondence, reports, emails, presentations, project plans and spreadsheets. This requires a high degree of keyboard skills, speed and accuracy. This also requires sitting in a restricted position for a substantial proportion of the working time.
- There is an occasional requirement for prolonged concentration while taking minutes.
- Exposure to distressing or emotional circumstances is rare
The post holder may be required to work across both hospital sitesPerson SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- oNVQ Business Administration Level 4 or equivalent
- oSignificant experience as a Personal Assistant at Director/Senior Management level in a large organisation, including diary
- oPrevious experience of working in a fast moving, confidential, sensitive, pressurised deadline driven environment
- oThorough knowledge and practical experience of Microsoft Outlook, E-mail, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access
- oAbility to minute meetings and transcribe minutes to a high standard
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Experience of working in the NHS
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAbility to communicate effectively at all levels using e-mail, telephone or face to face
- oAbility to deal with confidential and sensitive issues with tact
- oAttention to detail and able to see tasks through to completion
- oAdvanced and accurate keyboard skills for producing reports, spreadsheets and correspondence etc
- oAbility to work flexibly to meet the needs of the department
- oAbility to deal effectively with competing demands
- oAbility to manage non routine enquiries without immediate supervision
- oHigh standard of presentation of written work.
- oExcellent communication, negotiation and persuasive skills.
Lewisham and Greenwich NHS TrustAddress
University Hospital Lewisham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.