This is an exciting opportunity for aSpeech and Language Therapistto join our innovative and motivated Children's Therapy team in Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust. The service consists of Speech and Language Therapists, Physiotherapists,Occupational Therapists and therapy assistants. We have team bases in both Halifax and Huddersfield, the post holdermay work from theeither base.Main duties of the job
You will provide assessment, treatment and advice, working in a variety of settings to include clinics, schools and nurseries, with children of all ages . We have excellent links with Education and SocialCare and you will become part of the wider team supporting children and their families.
The successful applicant should be looking to further develop their clinical skills and will have excellent communication and team working skills. You will need to be able to work independently and have an ability to effectively prioritise and manage a varied caseload. The post holder will contribute to service review and development to ensure the best possible outcomes for children and young people.About us
This is an exciting opportunity for aSpeech and Language Therapistto join our innovative and motivated Children's Therapy team in Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust. The service consists of Speech and Language Therapists, Physiotherapists,Occupational Therapists and therapy assistants. We have team bases in both Halifax and Huddersfield, the post holdermay work from theeither base.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To manage own specialist caseload in this area.
Work autonomously within Trust policies and professional practice, maintaining accurate and comprehensive up to date records.
To carry out specialist assessment and treatment of children with complex needs, with the aim of using education and advice to facilitate children/ young people and carers to understand and actively participate in the management of the condition, leading to safe and timely discharges and transfer of care.
Determine a clinical diagnosis, develop, deliver, implement, evaluate and modify individualised treatment programmes and/or provide specialist advice, ensuring appropriate pathways of care and communication via liaison and referral to other agencies as required. 2 Take part in the education and training of Speech and Language Therapists and qualified and non-qualified healthcare / social services / education staff including medical staff.
To support and advise within the wider MDT on the delivery of the service.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Recent experience demonstrating ability to assess, treat and evaluate care in paediatrics
- Good Clinical Reasoning skills
- Evidence of CPD, self directed learning and Reflective Practice
- Awareness of relevant Legislation, NSF'S/ Local and National initiatives
- Understanding of Clinical Governance
- Critical Appraisal Skills
- Ability to maintain legible and accurate records
- Experience of developing others
- Experience in contributing to service improvements e.g. Audit, patient information etc.
- Experience in dealing with complaints (e.g. diffusing complaint or investigating complaint)
- Experience in supervising and training others
- Teaching/Presentation skills
- Relevant Degree/Diploma
- Registered with HPC / NMC
- Evidence of Postgraduate Training
- Clinical Educator Training
Special Knowledge/ ExpertiseEssential
- Member of Professional Body
- Studied at Masters level or equivalent
- Evidence of recent experience of working with children with complex needs including neurological, behavioural and sensory disorders
- Knowledge of child development and a range of common paediatric conditions
- Ability to carry out specialist assessments and treatments and evaluate intervention in terms of quality and outcomes for children and their families
- Evidence of up to date best practice in paediatrics
- Knowledge and experience of the principles and practice of partnership working within an integrated team
- Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate appropriately using knowledge of blurred boundary / competency frameworks
- Knowledge and understanding of national and local priorities pertaining to children
Practical/Intellectual Skills/Personal QualitiesEssential
- Previous experience working at Band 6 level with children with complex needs including neurological, behavioural and sensory disorders
- Relevant Accredited Postgraduate Training
- Experience of delivering training packages
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrates positive attitude and behaviours
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people with complex difficulties and in difficult situations
- Ability to identify and articulate own training needs
- Self motivated with ability to work independently and influence others
- Excellent Team Player
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and concentrate in conditions requiring emotional demands
- Ability to recognise own limitations and have a willingness to share and learn skills from others
- Ability to prioritise own and others caseloads
- Ability to make decisions and problem solve when dealing with routine situations
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Broad St/Princess Royal Community
Northgate / Greenhead Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.