Main duties of the job
- Provide multi-skilled engineering expertise across various electrical and mechanical equipment and fabric
- To provide a safe and comfortable environment for patients, staff and visitors by:
- Ensuring all essential services are maintained to support clinical departments in their prime task of treating patients whilst ensuring all statutory legislation is complied with.
- Ensure maintenance tasks are fulfilled to appropriate levels of quality in a compliant manner.
- Perform engineering maintenance work including activities which are complex and/or non-routine.
- Responsible for fault diagnosis, repair and calibration on a wide range of engineering plant and equipment.
- Maintenance and repair on a range of Industrial, Commercial, Domestic, and Plant equipment
- Understand, receive and give technical instructions to other Maintenance workers.
- Provide advice and instruction to other maintenance workers.
- Provide reports both verbal and written to Team Leaders and Estates Officers.
- Liaise with senior clinical staff at ward/department level regarding maintenance tasks enabling work tasks to be carried out with minimum disruption to patient support services (i.e. Heating, power, nurse call system, ventilation etc) and patient care.
- Conduct workload in an unobtrusive manner, ensuring clinical and departmental staff are made aware in the locality are aware of any disruption or potential noise etc. to ensure minimum distress levels to patients.
- Liaise appropriately with external Suppliers and Contractors, dealing with technical queries and information.
- To provide Shift Relief and/or On-Call as required.
- To carry pagers, radios or other communication devices at all times during the working day to enable emergency back-up provision.
- Undertaking testing of the mechanical and electrical systems in wards and other departments to safeguard the integrity of the electrical/mechanical supplies to areas.
- The post holder will require completion of a time-served engineering apprenticeship plus demonstrable experience in an engineering maintenance environment working on systems, plant and equipment.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
Detailed job description and main responsibilitiesJob descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationEnglishEssential
- Completed an accredited Mechanical apprenticeship training course to a minimum level 3 vocational qualification or equivalent plus relevant training or equivalent experience, plus additional training and developed skills, e.g. air conditioning
- Evidence of significant CPD
- High level of knowledge and understanding of electrical/ mechanical services/systems and a working knowledge of other associated trades. Familiarity with approved guidance documents.
- Experience with Fire Alarm Systems Generators Lifts BMS engineering maintenance Completion of a structured training programme
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience of working within the NHS.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Prince Charles Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.