We are looking for a highly motivated nurse with knowledge and experience caring for children and young people (CYP) to join our dynamic team in the out-patient department at UCLH.Main duties of the job
The role will have both clinical and managerial responsibilities. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to enhance their clinical skills within our pre-operative assessment, respiratory, allergy and refugee services.
You will have good communication and organisational skills. You must have the ability to be able to be able to prioritise your work effectively and efficiently. The successful applicant will receive training and education in the various specialities seen within the department. Crucially you will be involved in the various quality improvement initiatives with in the CYP Directorate.About us
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH) is one of the most complex NHS trusts in the UK, serving a large and diverse population. We provide academically led acute and specialist services, to people from the local area, from throughout the United Kingdom and overseas. Our vision is to deliver top-quality patient care, excellent education, and world-class research.
We provide first-class acute and specialist services across eight sites:
- University College Hospital (incorporating the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Wing)
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Royal National ENT and Eastman Dental Hospitals
- University College Hospital Grafton Way Building
- Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine
- University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre
- The Hospital for Tropical Diseases
- University College Hospital at Westmoreland Street
We are dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of many complex illnesses. UCLH specialises in women's health and the treatment of cancer, infection, neurological, gastrointestinal and oral disease. It has world class support services including critical care, imaging, nuclear medicine and pathology.
At UCLH, we have a real 'One Team' ethos, and our values - safety, kindness, teamwork and improving, are central to the way we work. This is supported by our staff, who voted us as the #1 NHS Acute Trust to work for in the whole of England.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are committed to sustainability and have pledged to become a carbon net zero health service, embedding sustainable practice throughout UCLH. We have set an ambitious target of net zero for our direct emissions by 2031 and indirect emissions by 2040.
For more information regarding the main responsibilities of the role, please refer to the attached Job Description.
At UCLH we are committed to providing educational opportunities for nurses at every level, enabling you to further develop your continuing professional development. UCLH can offer exciting opportunities for career progression and development.
UCLH Trust is committed to treating children and young people, their parents and / or carers with kindness, inclusivity, respect, and compassion.Person SpecificationKnowledge and QualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse Part 1, 2 or relevant section of the register (Adult or Paediatric)
- Relevant teaching course
- BSc or working towards
- Experienced Band 5 or 6 RN with minimum 3 years experience working clinically within in an acute paediatric, adolescent or adult setting
- Experience of phlebotomy and cannulation
- Proficient in advanced intravenous medication administration
- Experience and knowledge of research, audit, Exemplar Ward' activity
- Experience and knowledge of CYP safeguarding and mental health provision
Personal And People DevelopmentEssential
- Communicates effectively verbally, in writing and in electronic formats
- Demonstrates evidence of professional development in line with KSF, maintains updated Portfolio
Learning and DevelopmentEssential
- Demonstrates understanding of principles of Clinical Governance, e.g. Risk Management, audit & quality
- Demonstrates evidence of ability to educate other
- Demonstrates awareness of resource management issues within boundaries
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Special knowledge and interest in adolescent healthcare
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
University College Hospital Grafton Way Building.
1 Grafton Way
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.