University Hospitals Sussex employs nearly 20,000 people and has an operating budget of more than �1.2 billion. The Trust operates services from seven hospitals as well as numerous community and satellite services. The Trust is responsible for all district general acute services for Brighton and Hove, West and Mid Sussex and parts of East Sussex.
Our hospitals in Worthing, Shoreham-by-Sea and Chichester were the first acute hospitals to receive the CQC health watchdog's highest rating in all key inspection areas. (October 2019). Our acute hospitals in Haywards Heath and Brighton are rated as 'Outstanding for Caring' by the CQC. Fundamental to this is the way that we value and respect our staff, at every level, we value the diversity of our colleagues and actively champion an inclusive culture. We believe that everyone without exception should feel free to be their authentic self in the workplace.
University Hospital Sussex is a leading acute hospital trust, with rewarding career opportunities for caring, committed and innovative people, who wish to be valued for their work and empowered to improve the services we provide. Reporting to the Senior Capital Development Manager based at our Worthing office location, this post offers the right individual the chance to lead and coordinate a diverse programme of delegated projects aimed at supporting the Trust to deliver excellent clinical services and patient care.Main duties of the job
- Engage and influence key stakeholders, including Trust Directors and senior leaders.
- Use effective communication, negotiation and influencing skills to build stakeholder relationships and deliver objectives.
- Build and maintain the reputation of the procurement service.
- Champion procurement and promote its benefits.
Service Delivery and Improvement
- Analyse procurement data to identify efficiency opportunities.Support Divisions with routine contract management.
- Authorise purchase orders and contracts according to Trust Standing Financial Instructions.
Learning and Development
About us Join us at UHSussex, every day is different, you can be the change, better never stops A
- Attend mandatory training updates as required.
- Undertake training as necessary for the role and personal development.
- Identify own learning needs and plan training requirements with your line manager.
- Participate in the Trust's appraisal process to align your role with patient care.
- This job description outlines the role and responsibilities. We may ask you to flexibly undertake other duties that are consistent with your role and banding, such as project work, job rotation and absence cover.
t UHSussex we're proud to be at the heart of the NHS. As one of the UK's largest acute Trusts, we're a leading example of the excellence, the ambition and the values that have embodied the NHS for over 70 years. Improving lives:
We are a vibrant and inclusive organisation, with hardworking, talented and dedicated individuals, who work together towards a common goal, to always put our Patient First. Our mission is summed up by our 'where better never stops' motto and no matter the role at UHSussex, you will play a part in driving us forwards and in improving the lives of patients across Sussex. We treat our patients and staff with the same compassion and empathy we expect for ourselves. We're here for them when they need us, and we go above and beyond to meet their needs. This can be seen in our wellbeing programme for staff which is extensive and designed to support you when you need it because we know that to look after others we must first look after ourselves. Build a career with us:
As a university trust and a leader in healthcare research, we value learning, teaching and training so that we can be the best that we can be. From the moment you start with us and throughout your career we will help you to grow and develop. We hope that in choosing UHSussex you are choosing a long and happy career where you will be able to see the difference you make and feel valued for all that you do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification
We are seeking a procurement professional, who is willing to progress and develop both personally and the role role Procurement Business Partner.
Our aim is to empower staff to lead change, raise issues, concerns, identify and implement areas for improvement within the workplace and find solutions collectively.
We encourage all staff to be innovative and drive forward quality improvement and positive changes in theirPerson SpecificationQualifactionsEssential
- Strong IT skills: Microsoft Office
- People facing role experience
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and effectively manage priorities
- Good verbal communication skills
- Experience working within a large service-delivery focused organisation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Hold or working toward MCIPS
- Working understanding of Oracle P2P
- Working knowledge of contracts. Support- Maintenance
University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust (279)Address
St Richards Chichester / Royal Sussex County Hospital Brighton
Chichester / Brighton
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.