BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POST
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced registered nurse to join the TB team which is based at St. Luke's Hospital. The successful candidate will support and develop the service.
The TB team is expanding to meet the needs of the local population and to ensure that a high standard of care is provided in relation to screening and treatment of TB. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated nurse with post registration expertise to join the expanding Tuberculosis clinical nurse specialist service at Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The nurse in post will also work closely with the respiratory and infectious diseases teams and UKHSA.
The successful candidate must have 4 years post registration experience including 2 years in the medicine speciality experience working with TB patients is desirable. Candidates should possess excellent decision making and clinical assessment skills. All applicants need a full driving licence. SKILL/QUALIFICATION REQUIRED
Full Driving Licence
Minimum 4 years post registration, including 2 years in medicine.
See person spec for further detailsMain duties of the job
- The post-holder will be responsible for the management of a defined caseload of TB patients (and contacts) and will provide specialist nursing support, advice, education and/or care to that specific group. They will carry continuing responsibility for the assessment of needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care and the setting of standards within the TB service.
- Carries continuous responsibility for a defined caseload of patients with TB and suspected TB including setting standards, assessment of needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care following (clinical) protocols within the TB Service. Organises, prioritises and evaluates workload based on accepted referral and discharge criteria in line with operational protocols. Responsible for ensuring own practice is evidence-based.
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates specialist care or treatment regimes for patients requiring TB treatment, taking into consideration the lifestyle, gender, cultural background and preferences of the individual, making reasonable adjustments to care where this is appropriate.
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.
Closing date may change dependent on the responsePerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- 4 yrs post-registration experience, including 2 years in medicine speciality
- Experience caring for patients with Tuberculosis Experience of assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for patients/service-users/staff demonstrating knowledge of specific needs
- Experience of participating in clinical audit
- Experience caring for patients with Tuberculosis
- Experience in policy development
- Experience of developing innovative practice
- Experience of working in an MDT and across organisational and professional boundaries
- Report writing / Presentation skills
- Computer literate - ability to use Word/Excel/PowerPoint, etc.
- Clinical credibility
- Clinical skills specific to area of specialty
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team and experience of managing own caseload
- Organised approach to work with ability to prioritise and delegate
- Mentoring and advanced communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Proven skills in teaching individuals and small groups
- Evidence of reflective practice
- Proven evidence of change management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of application of relevant National Guidance both general and specialty related e.g. National Service Frameworks, NICE etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NHS national targets and priorities
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of the defined caseload (patients/service-users/staff)
- Recruitment and Selection, Appraisal and other relevant HR/People management training
- Knowledge of change management processes
- Awareness of issues relating to TB
- Appropriate NMC Registration(RN/RM/RN Child)
- Degree or equivalent qualification (e.g. diploma level specialist training) or experience
- Relevant specialist qualification or training to diploma level or equivalent experience TB course or willingness to undertake
- Supporting Learning in Practice (SLIP) or equivalent
- Evidence of current CPD
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Post registration qualification in relevant specialty
- Leadership or management development qualification
- Advanced communication skills qualification
- Non-medical prescribing qualification or willingness to undertake
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.