Are you a newly qualified or experienced nurse looking for an inspiring role in the community?
Come and join our CQC rated 'Outstanding' Trust as a Community Staff Nurse for one of our Nursing Teams in Berkshire. You can help deliver care to people in their own homes and get to work with dedicated, skilled teams whilst you do it. We have vacancies in Reading, Newbury, Bracknell, Wokingham, Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead.
Working within our Community Nursing Team you will support, assess, and treat patients with a variety of health needs, delivering high quality, evidence-based practice. You will have a passion and enthusiasm to care for patients in their own homes.Main duties of the job
- To work in conjunction with all staff within the team to holistically assess the needs of patients and carers, and to work in partnership with the patient and family to plan, implement and evaluate programmes of nursing care.
- Undertake first visits and take any immediate action, reporting back to the Team Leader for further discussion or assessment.
- Provide care according to the available evidence of best practice and the support of others in the development of evidence-based practice.
- Actively involved in promoting self-care for patients and building Health Promotion into care.
- Develop and participate in planned teaching programmes for patients.
As an inclusive employer, we value diversity and are proud to be a Stonewall 100 Top Employer. Whatever your background or individual needs, at Berkshire Healthcare you'll be supported by friendly and professional managers to succeed
These are the values that we live by at Berkshire Healthcare: Caring for and about you is our top priority. Committed to providing good quality, safe services. Working Together with you to develop innovative solutions
We also have our Preceptorship programme - this is the beginning of your journey from novice to expert, and will be followed by a lifelong learning journey to enable you to develop skills both personally and professionally to meet the challenges of consistently providing excellent, high-quality patient-centred care Benefits of working for us include:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe must haves for this role:
- Flexible working options to support work-life balance.
- 27 days' annual leave rising with service + opportunity to buy and sell leave
- Generous NHS pension scheme - 20.68% employer contribution
- Excellent learning and career development opportunities
- Advanced IT enablement
- 'Cycle to Work' and car leasing scheme
- Access to a range of wellbeing tools and services
- Discounts at hundreds of popular retailers and restaurants via the Blue Light Card
- Staff networks for race, diversity, disabilities and more to support equality
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave and access to our three staff nurseries
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence and have use of a car for work purposes.
- A passion for community nursing, that matches our passion to provide excellent healthcare for patients within their own homes.
- Willing to undertake training to fulfil the requirements of these role.
- NMC current pin/or about to qualify.
Should you be interested in a specific role with us or just be open for a chat about what we have to offer, then please email Tajobs@Berkshire.nhs.uk and we can take it from there.
We aim to contact you within two working days, to find out more about you and what you are looking for and then discuss the steps to move forward.
We look forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications/TrainingEssential
Continuous Professional DevelopmentEssential Desirable Previous ExperienceDesirable
- Registered General Nurse (RGN)
- NMC Registration
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Community nursing Experience
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care
- Ability to identify risks and act accordingly with regard to safety of oneself, patients and others using the appropriate aids
- Able to demonstrate use of own initiative and ability to work alone
- Ability to demonstrate organisational skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to participate in standard setting and audit
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of LTC's and the concept of self-management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- IT skills - including Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to travel across multiple sites in Berkshire
- Ability to demonstrate professional behaviours and attitudes
- Full UK driving license and access to own car
- Able to work flexibly across 7-day service requirement
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Community Nursing Berkshire
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.