***PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY*** Don't miss this opportunity to join our theatre team.
We have exciting posts available for anaesthetic practitioners.
We are looking for experienced nurses and ODP's to join our already established theatre team.
We cover a wide range of surgical specialities including Trauma and Orthopaedics, General, Urology, ENT, Obstetrics and Gynae, Dentals, Breast and Ophthalmology
Moving forward, following the challenges we faced during the Covid pandemic, we have a new leadership team in the department who are committed to developing and nurturing the staff within the operating theatre.
Together we aim to continue to deliver the highest standard of evidence based peri-operative care, resulting in increased patient satisfaction. We are implementing new ways of working so we require individuals who are forward thinking, ready to embrace change and take on new and exciting challenges.
We would also like to consider newly qualified student nurses and ODP's and would welcome your application.
We have a strong commitment to education and training. The Education Facilitator will guide you, with the Team Leaders, into preceptorship programmes and continuing professional development and support you in your role within the Trust.
Permanent and fixed term contracts available.Main duties of the job
We have 8 operating theatres and you will be expected to take part in a flexible rota to include, earlies, lates, weekend working and nights. You will also be expected to take part in an on-call rota as required.
To promote multi-disciplinary patient centered care and take responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care, primarily under the supervision of senior staff.
Undertakes proactive actions to ensure that clinical and professional theatre practices and organisational standards are met.
Supports and participates in the development of a flexible theatre workforce that is dynamic and multi-skilled.
Adherence to policy, procedures and standard operating procedures
To participate in effective and informed assessments of junior staff and students,ensuring appropriate action is taken and escalated as required
To undertake any other duties, required by line manager appropriate to the grade and relevant to the post.
In the absence of senior members take charge of the department on an infrequent basis.About us
Wye Valley NHS Trust is a member of an NHS Foundation Group with South Warwickshire NHS FT , the George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust and Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust.
Located on the border with Wales in the shadow of the Black Mountains, we provide acute and community services across Herefordshire and into parts of Powys and run Hereford County Hospital and the community hospitals in Bromyard, Leominster and Ross-on-Wye.
Worcestershire is our neighbouring county. The post holder will be required to travel between sites.
We are a progressive and forward looking trust with ambitious plans to improve quality and integrate patient pathways through close collaborative working with our partners to deliver the quality of care we'd want for our family and friends.
More than 3,500 people work for the Trust - they tell us it's a great place to work, blending the busyness of a DGH with the benefits of working in a beautiful rural and unspoilt county like Herefordshire.
We can offer a great work-life balance and have a fine tradition of working with staff to help them achieve their full potential.
Russell Hardy, Trust Chairman: The strength of the Trust is its amazing staff a great place to work, a great place to develop your career and a great place to reach your potential. Our values -Care, Accountability, Respect and Excellence - are at the heart of all we do. We believe in providing the right care in the right place at the right time...all the time.Job descriptionJob responsibilities To view role requirements and role responsibilities in full, please view supporting documents linked to this vacancy. Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
Skills, Knowledge & AbilitiesEssential
- Nurse: RGN + current NMC registration
- ODP: RODP + current HPC registration
- Sound knowledge of current professional issues
- Able to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including ability to deal with sensitive information and where there may be barriers to communication
- Able to plan and organize own activities to manage time effectively in order to meet service requirements
- Ability to analyse problems and coming up with viable solutions
- Ability to manage and use resources effectively within the team, including safe use of equipment
- IT literate with recognised qualification (eg ECDL)
- Ability to challenge the MDT to influence evidence based practice when implementing Trust and departmental policies and SOPs
- Share evidence based practices with colleagues to enhance service and standards
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of varied patient case mixes
- Evidence of post registration continual professional development related and relevant perioperative subjects.
- Competence across a range of either surgical, anaesthetic or post-anaesthesia skills.
- Advocate for the profession and role model, working within NMC/HPC codes of conduct
- Flexible & Adaptable to work 24/7 (BHs, evenings, nights, week-ends and on-call)
- Professional approach to manage challenging situations
- Sensitive in handling of difficult information and situations
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of post
- Able to safely meet Moving & Handling requirements of job
Wye Valley NHS TrustAddress
Wye Valley NHS Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.