The Midlands Partnership Foundation NHS Trust provides Speech and Language Therapy Services to North Staffordshire, the University Hospital of North Midlands, Combined Healthcare NHS Trust as well as to a range of other commissioners in educational and care settings. It sits within a Children's and families Directorate.
We have an opportunity to recruit to 2 full time permanent Band 5 posts in the Stafford/Seisdon & Newcastle Under Lyme areas. The core service provides assessment and intervention for children and their families across Stoke on Trent, Newcastle under Lyme, Moorlands and Stafford & Seisdon Peninsula in Health Centres, Children's Centres and Special schools/settings.
We have a strong local and national reputation for clinical leadership, team support and innovation with well-established strategies for caseload management.
The Children's Speech and Language Therapy Service is able to offer:
- regular Clinical Support Groups and team meetings
- professional development via our appraisal system
- routine clinical/managerial supervision.
We offer excellent training and development opportunities, a friendly & supportive working environment and flexible working arrangements, and will be offering to pay for first year of HCPC membership for successful applicants!
If you are interested and would like further information please contact Paula Simpson, Team Leader for Children's Speech and Language Therapy North or Janet Cooper, Clinical Lead on 01782 234485.Main duties of the job
This is a Generalist band 5 post with clinical responsibility for assessing, diagnosing and managing identified speech, language and communication delays/disorders in different community settings. The post offers the opportunity for active contribution to team working.
We are a supportive and innovative team, come and join us!About us
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, mileage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Assess, diagnose and manage the communication difficulties of children in different settings across North Staffordshire & Stoke on Trent.
Advise and support parents/carers in their understanding of the communication difficulties diagnosed and the clinical decision made relating to treatment options that are offered.
Work closely with Speech and Language Therapy colleagues in planning and delivering a service to meet the identified needs of the children referred to the service.
Work with relevant medical, nursing, social and educational professionals either directly or indirectly to ensure that they understand a childs communication profile and that the best way to support a childs development is identified and agreed.
Provide written programmes of work and reports for children on the case load as required.
Provide written reports to the Education Department when a Health and Education Plan is being developed.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in Speech/Language Therapy or equivalent post graduate qualification
- HCPC registration
- Paediatric Speech and Language Therapy experience during clinical placement
- Assessment and management of developmental speech, language and communication difficulties in children across different settings.
- Experience of working in community clinics.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to form effective working relationships with professionals internal and external to the organisation
- Able to work on own initiative with direction. Able to judge appropriately when advice, direction or authority to proceed is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to produce clear and accurate reports in a timely manner.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Stafford/Newcastle Under Lyme
Stafford/Newcastle Under Lyme
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.