We are actively promoting flexible working options, helping you to manage a work / life balance
We are looking for an ambitious and innovative pharmacist dedicated to excellent patient care and to the development of new services. The ideal candidate will be experienced within community pharmacy and have an established commercial acumen. The post will provide a challenging mix of professional and commercial activities and enhance your clinical knowledge whilst the company works to develop their services.
You will need to be a GPhC registered pharmacist with the ability to work with an experienced team committed to patient care. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your clinical skills in a community environment and embrace different challenges.
Applicants must be able to work weekends and evenings.
Please complete the online application form.Main duties of the job
The clinical pharmacist will carry out day to day activities connected with the preparation and supply of medicines as well as on general health and lifestyle matters.
The clinical pharmacist will:
- Act as a Responsible Pharmacist.
- Be at the forefront for patients by professionally screening prescriptions and counsellingpatients.
- Engage in the continuous quality improvement processes of the pharmacy.
- Be responsible for the supervision and training of other pharmacy staff
Trust Group Holdings Ltd (trading as TrustMed Pharmacy) is ainnovative company founded to provide dispensing services to the outpatients of University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust from pharmacies located in each of our three main hospital sites, and to further develop clinical services to the community.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationRegistrationEssential ExperienceEssential
- To abide by the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) standards of conduct, ethics and performance as well as standards for registered pharmacies, observing and applying allprofessional, ethical and legal obligations.
- To implement and adopt standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure procedures are inplace for the avoidance of risk.
- To dispense prescription medicines to patients, clinical checking and ensuring that medicines are correctly and safely labelled and supplied with a complete clinical check as well as provision ofthe required advice.
- To supervise the safe preparation of any medicines and other activities within the pharmacy.
- To keep and maintain a register of Controlled Drugs (CDs) for legal purposes.
- To liaise with doctors/prescribers about prescriptions to ensure accuracy and prevent risk.
- To form good working relationships with doctors, prescribers and other stakeholders within the Trust.
- To counsel and advise patients on the treatment of minor ailments and any adverse side effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines/treatments to ensure safe use.
- To keep up to date with current pharmacy practice including and not limited to new drugs and their uses for the purpose of continuing professional development.
- Developing relationships with clinical staff to act as the point of contact where clinical services may impact on dispensary processes and implementing changes as required.
ExperienceEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Min 2 years working experience
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS TrustAddress
Leicester Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.