Would you welcome an opportunity to further your career and academic advancement by undertaking fully funded research leading to a PhD or professional doctorate in clinical informatics?
Are you looking for an exciting challenge? Do you value working for an employer that values your growth and personal development?
Do want to work in an environment where you can influence patient care?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our progressive and forward thinking Pharmacy Department as the Medicines Information & Clinical Informatics Pharmacist.
Following the approval of a successful business case to modernise pharmacy services, we will be developing a Medicines Information service and this post will be instrumental to the success of the department.
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious and forward thinking individual to lead and shape the new Medicines Information department across pharmacy services here at the Midlands Partnership Foundation Trust. You will also be expected retain a clinical commitment for mental health community based services, thus linking medicines information with patient facing activity.
It is expected that the successful applicant will be an experienced clinical pharmacist with a substantial track record of providing Medicines Information services, excellent time management and communicative skills, and a proven ability to utilise patient data to support safe and effective clinical decision-making.Main duties of the job
- Setting up and leading a medicines information (MI) hub in line with national MI standards.
- Overseeing the analysis of prescribing and business data, and reporting this at a senior level within the pharmacy team and Care Groups.
- Contributing to the transformation of pharmaceutical care by use of new and existing technologies by analysing, designing, implementing, maintain, and evaluating information and systems.
- Contributing to the development and governance of Patient Group Directions (PGDs) and Shared Care Agreements (ESCAs) and ensuring compliance with the legal framework and clinical appropriateness.
- Lead on the provision of prescribing information to a range of stakeholder groups in support of cost-effective prescribing.
- Provide specialist clinical pharmacy service to specified wards and community services.
- Overseeing the management of the discharge management service (DMS).
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, mileage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Take professional responsibility for the provision and development of the Trust MI department, appropriate record keeping, and dissemination of MI by a variety of methods.
- Lead the day to day operation of MI service ensuring the provision of accurate, evidence-based, evaluated, and timely information to external stakeholders.
- Ensure the MI service provision is compliant with UKMi standards.
- To lead on the delivery of MI training and education programme to pharmacists, technicians, junior medical staff, and Foundation Year trainees across MPFT.
- Provide oversight and supervision to staff developing and reviewing Patient Group Directions and Shared Care Documents.
- Collaborate with other healthcare and information technology professionals to promote efficient and safe optimal use of medications and technology
- Registered UK Pharmacist (GPhC)
- Experience of delivering a Medicines Information service
- Pharmacy degree (Masters level or Bachelor's level and equivalent experience)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of data analysis and interpretation of findings
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Georges Hospital Site
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.