Advert Digital Midwife - Band 7-37.5 hours
Bradford Maternity Services aspires to 'Be the Best' we can be in the provision of excellence in care, and services. We pride ourselves in staff development opportunities and feedback shows this is a key reason for staff considering us as an employer. We serve a city with a young and diverse population giving us amazing opportunities to adapt and respond to both local and national agenda's for maternity care provision now and in the future.
Are you a dynamic, forward thinking, experienced midwife aspiring to lead the digital maternity agenda, promoting changes in the profession, utilising digital technology to improve service delivery, women's experience and quality and safety?
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with knowledge of maternity digital systems to support the ongoing digital platform within our maternity services and lead on service changes. The maternity digital lead will support the digital agenda with an energetic and motivated team of senior leaders, midwives, and obstetricians.
Enquiries for this post should be made to:
Carly Stott, Associate Deputy Director of Midwifery
Carly.email@example.comMain duties of the job
The post-holder will support digital innovations acting as a leader and a representative of the Midwifery profession, and will ensure clinical practice, supported by digital technology, meets professional and National standards.
As an ambassador of the Midwifery profession, will ensure clinical practice, supported by digital technology, meets professional and National standards
- Ensure the maternity IT system functionality adheres to / supports practitioner's professional standards e.g. the NMC Code
- Working towards the ambitions of Better Births evaluate the maternity IT system and its ability, as an enabler, to meet the recommendations to drive up patient safety
- Practice in accordance with the NMC Code
- Maintain competencies relating to digital leadership by attending regular updates such as local user group initiatives and the national Digital Midwives Expert Reference Group
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.
Closing date may change dependent on the responsePerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Significant post registration experience, including experience of working in a relevant clinical specialty
- Experience of assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for patients/service users/staff demonstrating knowledge of specific needs
- Experience of working in an MDT and across organisational and professional boundaries
- Experience of leading in policy development
- Experience of leading clinical audit/research and using outcome measures
- Experience of leading and managing change
- Experience of leading innovative practice
- Experience of working with clinical information systems
- Experience of project management
- Report writing / Presentation skills
- Computer literate - ability to use Word/Excel/Powerpoint, etc.
- Clinical credibility
- Highly developed specialist skills underpinned by theory and experience
- Highly developed analytical skills for complex situations requiring analysis
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Organised approach to work with ability to prioritise and delegate
- Mentoring and advanced communication skills
- Proven evidence of change management skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Proven skills in teaching individuals and small groups
- Analytical approach to problem solving and ability to make clinical judgements requiring assimilation, interpretation and decisions where there may be a range of options
- Knowledge of change management processes
- In-depth understanding of the national digital agenda and including the National Maternity review and Safer Maternity Care agenda
- Comprehensive knowledge of the NHS national targets and priorities
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the needs of the specific patient group
- Knowledge of research/audit in speciality
- Evidence of current CPD
- Understanding of the Maternity Services Data Set (MSDS) and ability to apply the findings to improve service delivery
- Management Development Training
- NMC Registered Midwife
- Relevant specialist qualification or training to diploma level or equivalent experience
- Supporting Learning in Clinical Practice (SLIP) or equivalent
- Degree or equivalent level of education or experience
- Evidence of further study/knowledge at Masters level or equivalent in a health-related subject
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Leadership or management development qualification
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.