An exciting opportunity has come up within the directorate of General and Vascular Surgery for a Business Manager to support the General and Colorectal Surgery services.
We are looking for a collaborative leader who will be based primarily at St Mary's Hospital and build on the great work underway to support patient pathways and staff experience.
If you have excellent communication skills and can clearly demonstrate experience within RTT, staff management, Quality Improvement and budget management experience then we would love to hear from you.
We would encourage you to make contact with the service to find out more information.Main duties of the job
The Business Manager will report to the General Manager and will provide appropriate support to the General Manager and the Chief of Service in the delivery of all operational functions a discrete section of the directorate. This will include overseeing the administrative functions within the department, and ensuring all key performance targets are met, and Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to. The Business Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the appropriate data is available, analysed and presented to support business decision making, forging the gap between financial and business management. The post holder will provide an increased focus on the delivery of streamlined, efficient services which are managed and benchmarked nationally and internationally. These roles will lead on the project management of the cost reduction programmes and organisational change.About us
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community.
Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We welcome discussions about flexible working and encourage a range of flexible working opportunities wherever we can.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ qualificationsEssential
- Relevant first degree
- Recognised management qualification at postgraduate level and/or experience
- Completion of project management skills course, e.g. PRINCE2
- Relevant postgraduate qualification
- Experience of operational and staff management in the NHS
- Track record of success in delivering change and project management
- Experience of managing and deciding on complex employment issues including handling grievances and disciplinary issues
- Experience of writing complex business and project plans with evidence of delivery
- Experience of cost reduction delivery
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Well-developed business planning and marketing skills
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills
- Ability to co-ordinate and investigate complaints, including experience of dealing with distressed patients / relatives / staff
- Ability to enthuse, motivate and involve staff to meet challenging targets by providing direction, reviewing performance, and motivating others
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of NHS contracting process
- Comfortable with relevant IT software packages
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.