CNWL is looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Consultant and Medical Lead who is innovative and able to work collaboratively with services.
The Medical Lead for Flow in Brent will play a key role in clinical leadership through effective engagement with the medical workforce. This full time position will be excellent for anyone wanting to broaden their leadership skills, experience of community psychiatry and develop their clinical skills in a supportive and challenging environment. The team is well established with good support from senior clinical and managerial colleagues.Main duties of the job
The Brent Adult inpatient service are located at Park Royal Centre for Mental Health. The service provides a range of comprehensive inpatient services including the Home treatment team. The inpatient service consists of three adult wards and a male only Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit. The Park Royal Site also has male only low secure forensic ward, a male only forensic rehabilitation ward and the regional Mother and Baby unit.
The post will be on Shore ward which is an 18 bedded mixed gender ward. The postholder will provide overall clinical leadership for the ward's multidisciplinary team as well as direct clinical assessments and consultations. The Medical Lead will be responsible for leading the Consultants on Quality Improvement (QI) activity and service improvement work.About us
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust (CNWL) is one of the largest trusts in the UK, caring for people with a wide range of physical and mental health needs. We have approximately 7,000 staff that provide healthcare to a third of London's population and across wider geographical areas, including Milton Keynes, Kent, Surrey and Hampshire.
Our catchment area spans diverse communities, with over 100 first languages spoken. It contains areas of great affluence as well as areas of much deprivation. We are committed to providing services that meet the needs of the people who use them, and we actively encourage involvement from local people who can help make a difference.
The Brent Adult inpatient service are located at Park Royal Centre for Mental Health. The service provides a range of comprehensive inpatient services including the Home treatment team.
The inpatient service consists of three adult wards - Shore (18 beds - mixed gender), Pine 22 beds - (male only) and Pond (18 beds - female only). There is also a male only Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (Caspian ward - 13 beds). The Park Royal Site also has a 17 bed male only low secure forensic ward (Tasman), a 6 bed male only forensic rehabilitation ward (Java House) and the regional Mother and Baby unit (Coombe Wood).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The postholder will provide leadership for the performance culture of Brent Mental Health Services, ensuring best practice is employed across the borough and that the Trusts quality and productivity targets are met.The Medical Lead responsibilities include:
Lead medical staff on improving quality and innovation using QI methodology Fostering collaborative working relationships between inpatient and community services Support recruitment activities for inpatient and community posts
Together with the Matron, Ward Manager and other senior MDT colleagues the postholder will provide overall clinical leadership for the Ward Multidisciplinary team as well as direct clinical assessments and consultations for the Team, including the following: Medical input, consultation and clinical leadership to the ward, and overall clinical responsibility for people admitted to the unit. Medical input and leadership in care planning and risk assessment for people subject to the care planning (CPA) process. Acting as the Responsible Clinician for people admitted to Shore Ward as appropriate and undertaking associated duties and responsibilities including attending and writing reports for Mental Health Tribunals and Managers hearings. Regular clinical liaison with the Community Consultants in the Psychological Medicine, Community Mental Health Teams and the Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team to ensure timely discharge of patients.Person SpecificationEligibilityEssential
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Additional clinical qualifications
Clinical Skills, Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Park Royal Centre for Mental Health
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.