An exciting opportunity is available to fill the role of Ward Manager on Esk Ward, Cross Lane Hospital, Scarborough YO12 6DN. The role is also expected to cover the Duty Nurse Co-Ordinator role which involves working a weekend day shift but will be replaced with a weekday off.
Esk Ward is an 13 bedded adult female acute psychiatric ward. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated qualified mental health practitioner with sufficient experience of working in adult mental health and experience of managing and motivating a multi-disciplinary team at a minimum band 6 level.
We support personal and professional development and would be keen to explore personal and professional interests and agree a personal and professional development plan.
Cross Lane Hospital is set in beautiful grounds, it has other teams on site to support the service as well as a well established Senior Leadership Team.
The person in post will be line managed by the Service Manager Nicky Scott, they will receive regular managerial supervision and encouragement to reach personal and professional goals. The person will work with their peers from the other inpatient ward, community, crisis and other team leads. The ward has an established leadership team that includes working with Non Medical AC's, Consultant Psychiatrist, Occupational Therapy, Consultant Psychologist. The nursing team compromises of nurses, nursing assistants and Peer support workers.Main duties of the job
The role is well supported by an established , professional and friendly MDT.Applicants must hold a professional registration and have inpatient experience including leadership or management. You will need to demonstrate strong leadership skills and be a role model to others to join our highly motivated and enthusiastic team.
As well as providing direct management supervision, a significant part of this role will be leading the team and managing the general running of the ward.
The successful candidate will also be expected to be part of the Duty Nurse Coordinator rota (which includes some weekend working).About us
We are the Mental Health & Learning Disability NHS Trust for County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire, York and Selby.
From education and prevention, to crisis and specialist care --our talented and compassionate teams work in partnership with our patients, communities and partners to help the people of our region feel safe, understood, believed in and cared for.
We nurture the recovery journey of anyone in need of our help. In Our Trust, everyone has a say in how they are supported and treated because we listen to every person in our care until they feel understood. Our patients, their families and carers work together with us towards better mental health.
We're committed to new thinking that improves the wellbeing of our region. We connect with our communities and partners to get mental health care right, in areas that really need it.
We won't rest until everyone in our region has the mental health care they need, to lead their best possible life.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.
Additional contact information
Lee Bradley Modern Matron 07468 352451Person SpecificationSkillsEssential
- Manage a team effectively
- Provide effective leadership
- Manage change effectively
- RNMH / RNLD, current professional registration with NMC.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education.
- Recognised sign-off mentor.
- Post-graduate diploma in a relevant area
- Leadership or management qualification or willingness to work towards. Qualification must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Quality Improvement Systems for Leaders or willing to undertake within agreed timescale.
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Significant evidenced based knowledge of best practice in caring for patients in the designated field.
- Good understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act) and its application in practice.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant experience of working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers
- Significant experience working with people with complex mental ill health or learning disabilities in an inpatient or community environment
- Significant experience of providing clinical supervision, mentoring and teaching to healthcare professionals and students.
- Demonstrable leadership or management experience
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Cross Lane Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.