The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (NNUHFT) Information Department is responsible for the delivery of Business Intelligence across the Trust to support its clinical and administrative obligations.
The Department is comprised of a team of 25 Analysts, Officers and Developers and aims to provide the highest degree of services and support to Trust staff and the Trust's partners and commissioners. These services are undertaken through the provision of information, research and analysis to customers throughout the trust. This service helps ensure that the best patient care is always available and that staff productivity is maintained. The role will offer hybrid/remote working and involve working from home as well as occasional attendance in the office.
Full time: 37.5 hours per week.
Interviews date: 15th January 2024Main duties of the job
As an Information Analyst you will use a number of tool, including SQL and Power BI to extract and automate large data sets from a number of different sources. You will use analytical techniques to interpret this information and produce reports that convey their meaning easily to the recipient. By adding value to the raw data you will be helping to empower the workforce by putting the right information in front of the right people, at the right time.
This role presents an opportunity for a number of individuals with the appropriate skills and experience to join our team and support the Trust. You will be helping to ensure that the best patient care is always available within Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.About us
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N& N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
- Extraction and interrogation of data from multiple data sources using Business Intelligence software including, but not limited to SQL, SSRS, Microsoft Excel and PowerBI.
- Design, development and implementation of sometimes complex PowerBI and Excel reports and dashboards.
- Support Trust decision making through discussion and interpretation of information requests, data extraction, and the processing and production of reports which may be complex, business critical and/or confidential.
- Using creative and problem solving skills, support the changing information requirements of the trust through the design, development and creation of reporting solutions.
- Interpret information, highlighting trends and/or inconsistencies and undertake ad hoc data analysis to investigate any issues highlighted.
- Effective use of communication and persuasion skills to discuss the task with the customer, highlighting the benefits of a particular approach and to negotiate terms of reference to ensure a focus on answering the right questions in the right way.
- Liaise with, and work in partnership with, other colleagues and departments throughout the trust and within external organisations to maximise the sharing of knowledge, processes and skills and develop the Trusts analytical capability.
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience of at least one of the following BI tools T-SQL, SSRS and PowerBI.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel including the creation of complex queries and dashboards.
- Significant experience of researching, processing and analysing large volumes of data through the use of analytical techniques and products.
Attitude & AptitudeEssential
- Demonstrate effective report writing and communication skills. Experience presenting information. Ability to articulate complex issues in an understandable way.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills with the ability to produce accurate and timely reports.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, with proven experience of forming and maintaining relationships.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective role model, demonstrating NNUH's PRIDE values of People focussed, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Norfolk and Norwich University HospitalAddress
20 Rouen Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.