The Nutrition and Dietetic Service of Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (BTHFT) and Bradford District Care Foundation Trust (BDCT) are excited to announce an opportunity for an experienced dietitian to lead the adult specialist dietetic service for mental health and learning disabilities.
This post embodies the 'Act as One' principle of how we work together across health and care organisations in Bradford and is a well-established and growing partnership between the Nutrition and Dietetic Service of BTHFT and BDCT.
Employed by BTHFT and jointly accountable to the BTHFT Dietetic Head of Service and the Lead AHP of BDCT, you will be responsible for the operational management and clinical leadership of a growing team of dietetic assistant practitioner/specialist and highly specialist dietitians, who provide specialist services for community learning disabilities (including home enteral feeding) and mental health in-patients fully embedded within BDCT. You will also work closely with the highly specialist dietitian working in the children and young people's eating disorder service within BDCT.Main duties of the job
You will be a source of dietetic expertise and professional leadership for BDCT including being the designated food services dietitian and dietetic representative on the Trust's nutrition steering group and overseeing a new dietetic service to support the Bradford District and Craven 'Improving Physical Health and Reducing Premature Mortality for People with Severe Mental Illness' action plan.
Applicants must be HCPC registered dietitians, who can demonstrate substantial experience in managing a dietetic team and with the necessary dietetic expertise in mental health and learning disabilities to clinically lead the team and dietetic services.
Bradford's Nutrition & Dietetic Service is a team of over 60 Dietitians and supported by excellent administration teams with good IT facilities and access to electronic patient records. Professional development for staff is given high priority as is quality, effectiveness and service user experience.
Bradford and Craven District is a vibrant, diverse, multicultural district with a wide range of entertainment and leisure activities available locally. There are good road/rail networks to Leeds and the M62 corridor, and easy access to the Yorkshire Dales and the South Pennines.About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree or Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics or equivalent qualification. Registered Dietitian with the HCPC
- MSc (or equivalent experience) in relevant subject
- Management qualification
- Teaching Qualification
- Substantial experience in professional /clinical practice working as a highly specialist dietitian in learning disabilities and/or mental health
- Teaching and training experience delivered at a variety of levels [patients, groups, public, other health professional staff, doctors]
- Experience of a lead supervisory role in the training of dietetic students
- Experience of developing written materials/writing for publication.
- Substantial experience leading a team of dietetic staff
- Experience of partnership working
- Experience of providing professional dietetic leadership to multi-disciplinary team/s
- Experience of budget management
- Excellent written skills
- Effective presentation skills, both written and verbal, and ability to adjust style and content as appropriate.
- Competent with IT: internet, literature searches, dietary analysis programmes, word processing, power point & spread sheets
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Specialist level of knowledge and clinical reasoning skills to support expert dietetic practice in learning disabilities and mental health
- Knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act and its relevance in providing specialist dietetic services
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
- Knowledge of clinical standards and ability to implement and audit these within the team
- Knowledge of the operational and organisational aspects of the NHS
- On-going evidence of CPD in relevant areas at postgraduate level e.g. relevant post-registration qualification, advanced diploma in dietetics, relevant masters module or other equivalent qualification
- Leadership/management training
- Clinical Supervisory Skills Course
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.