An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time, Band 5 (Senior Assistant Psychologist), 6 month fixed-term contract post, within the Cwm Taf Morgannwg Critical Care Psychology Service. If you're passionate about the NHS and want a role that is both supporting patients and their families who have been through ITU in their ongoing recovery, and leading on projects to support staff wellbeing, this is the role for you.
The post is located professionally and managerially with the Cwm Taf Morgannwg Health Psychology Service. The Health Psychology Service is growing rapidly with current posts in a number of different services in addition to critical care, including cancer/palliative care, cardiac rehabilitation, neuropsychology, paediatrics, weight management and employee well-being, plus further new developments in additional specialities, such as diabetes.Main duties of the job
We will be delivering both 1:1 anxiety and trauma therapy with some of the latest NICE recognised treatment protocols and also, offering groups to help people to live well and to do the things that are important to them. You will be working alongside a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and a Principal Clinical Psychologist and there are numerous research opportunities within the three friendly and psychologically minded ICU teams. We have close links with primary mental health and the third sector. You must be willing to travel as we cover an extensive and beautiful geographical area from coast to mountains.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To support and enhance the professional psychological care of ITU patients providing psychological assessment and psychological interventions under the supervision of a qualified professional psychologist, working under supervision according to a plan agreed with a qualified psychologist and within the overall framework of the teams policies and procedures.
To assist in clinically related administration, conduct of audits, collection of statistics, development of audit and/or research projects, teaching and project work
To assist in the provision of a clinical psychology service for people who have been critically ill, and their family/carers, and to support and enhance the professional psychological care of patients within the service.
To work independently to defined policies and procedures and provide a range of high volume, low intensity interventions including psycho-educational services and support groups to the critical care staff of Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board. These will include, amongst other activities, Mental Health First Aid training, Anxiety and Stress Management courses, Managing Burnout, Low Mood, Psychological Trauma and Sleep.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- An upper second class honours degree or higher in psychology.
- Eligibility for graduate membership of the British Psychological Society.
- Further post graduate training in relevant areas of professional psychology, mental health practice and/or research design and analysis.
Aptitude and abilitiesEssential
- Experience of working within a physical health setting.
- Competence in research design and methodologies.
- Possession of high level communication skills both in spoken and written communication
- An ability to communicate complex, sensitive information to patients, carers and colleagues in a way that addresses psychological resistance.
- An understanding of the needs and difficulties of people with physical health difficulties.
- An ability to apply existing psychological knowledge to a health psychology context.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to carry out behavioural observations and assessments using a standard format.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Pan CTMUHB post
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.