The post holder will provide high quality nursing care, and leadership, participating in the setting of standards of nursing practice within a cohesive multidisciplinary team across the Epsom, St Helier and Leatherhead Hospital sites of Epsom & St. Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The expectations within this job description will be met through leadership, visible clinical practice, education and training, and research.
The post holder will be expected to:
Main duties of the job
- Support and assist the nursing team in the department, manage and escalate operational issues on a daily basis as appropriate to the senior nurse.
- Foster an environment which values education as part of the philosophy of the department
- Co-ordinate and facilitate educational activities for registered and non- registered nursing within the designated practice area
- Improve the patient experience and care standards in the clinical area through visibility and partnerships.
Are you an experienced outpatient trained nurse? Are you looking to develop your clinical expertise, leadership and management skills in a progressive, dynamic and friendly gynecology department? If so, then please read on as we would love to hear from you and have you join our department.
We are seeking an experienced, passionate and dedicated nurse with a keen interest in Women's Health who would like to develop their clinical, teaching, management and leadership skills in these demanding and rapidly changing environments.
This position will assist the senior nursing team with the day to day management and leadership of the Women's Health gynaecology department and an identified group of nurses. You will be a clinical expert, with the ability to make clinical decisions in relation to both patients and service management.
The post holder must possess excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead a team, demonstrating an insight into team structure, leadership and development.
Epsom and St Helier NHS Trust is proud to invest in it's staff and supports ongoing development and career progression.About us
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust provides a range of medical services to approximately 490,000 people living across southwest London and northeast Surrey. In addition, we provide more specialist services, in particular renal and neonatal intensive care, to a wider area, covering parts of Sussex and Hampshire.
We serve an area that is rich in diversity, with a mix of urban and rural areas, and differing levels of quality of life. We cover some of the most prosperous postcodes in the country, as well as some poorer areas. Together with our colleagues at NHS Surreyand NHS Sutton and Merton, we work to make sure that we deliver the best possible care to the communities we serve.
The Trust employs approximately 5,000 staff across its hospitals and issupported by over 500 volunteers.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe post of a qualified nurse is characterized by five principle role functions
Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable
- Clinical Practice
- Professional leadership and management
- Education, training and development
- Evaluation of care and research
- Human Resources
- Specialist Post Registration Course
- Degree in Nursing (or related subject)
- Mentorship/teaching qualification
- Management/leadership qualification
- Relevant post registration clinical experience
- Experience as a mentor of pre and post registration students
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Strong staff management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent clinical skills
- IT skills - Excel, Powerpoint, etc
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
St Helier and Leatherhead cross site cover
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.