The newly established role of Senior Commercial Business Partner
, supporting the Chief Commercial Officer, to provide strategic procurement advice, contract management guidance and commercial knowledge for opportunities across Moorfields Eye Hospital. PROBATIONARY PERIOD
This post will be subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
During the probationary period, your suitability for continued employment will be assessed and provided a satisfactory standard is achieved and maintained, your employment will be confirmed.The probationary period may be extended or your employment terminated either during or at the end of probation, in line with the trust Probationary Policy. For the duration of the probation period, the notice period will be in line with contractual obligations on either side.Main duties of the job
A dedicated point of contact for the internal divisions and departments, to enhance the procurement transactional support provided by Partners Procurement Service (PPS). Responsible for driving productive collaboration between the internal stakeholders and the commercial and procurement functions.
To support the development of commercial and IP and understanding for the benefit of the organisation. Working with our key strategic suppliers to further develop a partnership approach in support of excellence, equity and kindness at the forefront of eye care.About us
Moorfields is the leading provider of eye health services in the UK and a world-class centre of excellence for ophthalmic research and education. We have a reputation, developed over two centuries, for providing the highest quality of ophthalmic care.
Our 2,300 staff are committed to sustaining and building on our pioneering legacy and ensuring we remain at the cutting edge of developments in ophthalmology. If you join us, you will be joining our mission to be the leading international centre in the care and treatment of people with eye disorders, driven by excellence in research and education.
Based in the vibrant and fast developing high tech quarter centred around City Road, Hoxton and Shoreditch, we havea lively working atmosphere, easy and quick transport links, affordable housing in the coolest new developments right on the doorstep, career development opportunities for staff at all levels, and a range of attractive benefits that include eye care, generous holidays, and an excellent pension scheme.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To foster and encourage with enthusiasm, excellent commercial and procurement understanding, supporting the development of a culture of understanding within the organisation. To ensure the benefits of commercial and procurement activity are understood.
- To develop a procurement improvement programme in collaboration with PPS and other partners, to improve the internal commercial and procurement knowledge of stakeholders, for the benefit of wider improvements.
- To drive and oversee PPS to develop a range of procurement workplans for the strategic and effective management of non-pay activities within the Trust. Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders, aligning their requirements to wider organisational goals. To deliver value to stakeholders through proactive and innovative commercial and procurement activities in alignment to Trust objectives.
- To lead, develop and support a portfolio of innovation and enterprise related project activity (including industry engagement, knowledge exchange, commercial collaborations, consultancy, as well as IP management and exploitation.
Person SpecificationKnowledge & QualificationsEssential
- Work with the Discover Excellence Board members and associates to secure the protection, then develop and enhance the value of intellectual assets, which could have significant value, ensuring the Trust benefits from such assets.
- To develop and implement innovative supplier solutions to achieve sustainable cost improvements whilst enabling high quality care to patients and service users.
- To oversee and guide the procurement of any major and/or strategic contracts, working collaboratively with the key stakeholders and PPS to discuss and decide the best approach.
- To be one of the senior procurement advisors on behalf of the organisation. To ensure the PPS activities are aligned to the Trust, from the bidder interaction to the conclusion of the procurement. To support a drive towards to a structured review and approval of product changes within the Trust.
- Provide internal senior commercial and procurement expertise on the various routes to market, discussing options and providing guidance on considerations required to ensure an effective procurement exercise, ready for PPS (or other parties) to execute.
- Liaise with all areas of the Trust including clinical, R& D and corporate services, to ensure full compliance with current UK legislation and adherence to Trust policies including the SFIs.
- Support stakeholders in the development of specifications and evaluation criteria, in coordination with PPS and other partners.
- Develop effective supplier partnership and relationship strategies, to establish Moorfields Eye Hospital as the Customer of Choice amongst ophthalmology suppliers.
- Actively participate, support and contribute to the relevant committees and groups, providing information, supporting business development, informing the working groups on wider market conditions and opportunities, as well as engaging on a specialty basis.
- To work with the Excellence Delivery Unit (XDU) to ensure all transformational projects have received appropriate commercial and procurement advice (as required).
- To provide high-level advice and guidance on equipment related to Oriel (https://oriel-london.org.uk). Working with our equipment advisor, senior EBME lead and clinical stakeholders, to develop and enhance an Equipment Strategy for Oriel.
- Plans workload and manage own activities to varying priorities and demands from a broad range of stakeholder needs, ensuring key goals are met or expectations are proactively and transparently managed.
- Works on own initiative and is responsible for the management of own workload
- To provide line management responsibilities, including encouragement and development for the commercial services team.
- To be passionate and pragmatic about the commercial and procurement work undertaken for the benefit of our patients, staff, volunteers and wider organisation.
- Master's degree or equivalent (or evidence of substantial related experience).
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) with full membership or in progress.
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of leading and supporting complex projects.
- Experience of public tendering experience.
- Evidence of being able to work closely with all levels of partner organisations.
- Excellent persuasion, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Provides positive leadership to other team members and Trust colleagues
- Displays confidence when being challenged by others and is able to win 'hearts and minds' when doing so.
Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.