Exercise Specialist Cardiac & Heart Failure Rehabilitation Department: Cardiac Rehabilitation Band 6, �35,392 - �42,618 per annum Hours: 37.5 hours per week, all MKUH roles will be considered for flexible working 12-month fixed term contract
We are seeking a highly motivated, candidate with a strong exercise background to work within the Cardiac Rehabilitation team based at Milton Keynes University Hospital.
As an expanding and dynamic team, we are looking for people who possess a natural desire to drive improvement initiatives and sustain the excellent standards of our cardiac services. Currently we have a well- established Cardiac Rehabilitation programme with strong links to the community. The Cardiology Service at Milton Keynes University NHS Trust provides an excellent customer service which covers Coronary Care, Cardiac Catheter Laboratory, and the Cardiac Day Case Unit.
The medicine division is a friendly dedicated team, who are committed to improving services for our patients. There is a strong emphasis on team support and development, with opportunities to expand your clinical knowledge, skills, and managerial/leadership experience.
If you are an enthusiastic and motivated with a history of rehabilitation for acute and Chronic illnesses, we invite you to apply. Interview date: 8.01.2024Main duties of the job
We are looking for a dynamic positive thinking exercise instructor who will be a team player. You will have the confidence to make decisions and lead the exercise programme, and the drive to support ongoing development of the service.
Your role will be to lead on exercise programmes for Cardiac Rehabilitation consisting of individualised exercise prescription for patients with a wide variety of cardiac conditions, as well as offer specialist advice, education and support relating to exercise and physical activity post cardiac event and heart failure patients, carers, and other health care professionals.
This role offers the opportunity to contribute to the recovery of patients following a cardiac event to return to as full a life as possible.About us
You can expect a warm welcome at Milton Keynes University Hospital, our staff are friendly and welcoming. We listen to each other and work together to embed our Trusts values and behaviours. At MKUH we appreciate our staff and reward them with an outstanding benefits package including:
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Great flexible workingopportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Lease car scheme
- Generous annual leave and pension scheme
- On site nursery (chargeable)
- Extensive staff health and well-being programme
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, in partnership with the University of Buckingham, is a University Teaching Hospital we conduct research and teaching on site to improve the care of our patients. The hospital is undergoing significant investment, and we are proud to be rated good by the CQC. Visit our website to catch up on our latest news.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description for more details.Person SpecificationQualifications and knowledgeEssential
- Work in collaboration with the cardiac rehabilitation team and primary and secondary health care colleagues to provide optimum management of patients, especially those with complex cardiovascular disease presentations.
- Be responsible for the delivery and the development of high-quality cardiac rehabilitation exercise programmes.
- Formulate, risk stratify and deliver individual exercise plans and recommendations for patients based on highly developed specialist knowledge, clinical assessments, and reasoning skills utilising evidence-based practice.
- Analyse complex medical information (e.g., echocardiograms, angiograms, exercise assessments) and clinical and social information from a variety of sources to guide exercise prescription.
- To be responsible for the monitoring of patient care & safety throughout the duration of the exercise session and review patients personal progress at the start, interim and end of exercise programme.
- BSc Hons Degree Sport Science and Exercise
- Level 3 exercise instructor
- Level 4 BACPR cardiac rehabilitation exercise instructor qualification
- Membership of relevant professional body and / or membership of special interest group (ie BACPR / HCPC)
- MSc in cardiac rehabilitation / cardiovascular health or working towards relevant master qualification
- Experience in delivering cardiac rehabilitation exercise classes
- Knowledge of Primary Care and Community Health Services
- Experience in delivering cardiac rehabilitation in the healthcare setting
- Experience of working as an autonomous practitioner
- Presenting and teaching experience
- Experience in delivering individual cardiac rehabilitation exercise
Personal and people developmentEssential
- Sound knowledge of exercise prescription for cardiac patients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Client centered approach to patient care
- Good teaching skills
- IT skills
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to adapt to changes of work venues and work patterns and at short notice
- Calm under pressure
- Commitment to and understanding of effective multidisciplinary team work
- Understanding of the value of research and audit
- Ability to work as part of a member multidisciplinary team
- Relay relative information to other members of the cardiac rehabilitation team and staff within the trust
- Be clear, concise and accurate
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to perform the duties of the post with reasonable aids and adaptations
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Cardiac Rehabilitation (Dept)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.