To work in conjunction with other members of the District Nursing Team and other Stakeholders, to provide efficient and effective nursing care to patients in their own homes To be responsible for the management and supervision of the nursing team, in the absence of the District Nurse, including the supervision of Junior Staff.Main duties of the jobCommunity Staff Nurses 37.5
Norbury Health Centre Must have a clean UK driving license and use of a car for work purposes.
We are Transforming Adult Community Services in Croydon. Do you have the skills to be part of this exciting transformation?
In Croydon, Health and Social care providers and commissioners have formed the Croydon Alliance Board with the aim of providing a whole system transformation that will deliver outcomes our over 65's have specified they want.
The Outcome Based Commissioning programme is a radically different approach to funding and delivery of services designed to deliver outcomes that local people want whilst getting best value from Health and the Social Care sector.This includes the provision of well coordinated care and support in order to promote independence in the most appropriate care setting.
We have exciting opportunities for highly motivated, enthusiastic Registered Adult Nurses to work within our Integrated Care Teams.
We offer a comprehensive induction programme, preceptorship , Clinical Supervision and excellent on going professional development opportunities for an enhanced career progression.
All candidates must have a clean UK driving license and use of a car for work purposes. Once recruited staff can take advantage of our child care facilities.About us
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon. The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 4,100 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.Our main hospital site, Croydon University Hospital is one of the busiest in London. We're also leading the way in providing more healthcare outside hospitals at clinics, specialist centres and in people's homes. Our experienced district nursing teams, Allied Health Professionals and community matrons look after people of all ages across Croydon.Across the NHS everyone is working hard to meet growing demand and we're no exception. But with the right people on board, we are rising to this challenge, putting our people in the driving seat, encouraging innovation and transforming our services to give local people the quality of care they deserve. Croydon Health Services puts a great deal of importance on education and training throughout the careers of all of our staff.If you want the opportunity to have a real impact, challenge yourself and be part of an NHS Trust that's making a real difference then a career at Croydon Health Services could be just what you're looking for.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached supporting document which contains more information about the role . Please contact Marlene Simpson for further information.Person SpecificationEducation and EducationEssential
- Registered General Nurse or
- NMC Register part 1 - Adult
Knowledge and UnderstandingEssential
- Post registration qualification
- Mentorship for Practice course
- Awareness of current issues and developments in community Care
- Adherence to NMC Code of Conduct.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles and benefits of Reflective practice
- Able to demonstrate the role of the community staff Nurse
- Previous experience of community nursing
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of an effective team
- Ability to manage own workload
- Able to use own initiative.
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Knowledge and awareness of principles of Audit and research
- Demonstrate an awareness of the complex issues involved when working across organisations and disciplines.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of multidisciplinary working including effective liaison with members of the multidisciplinary team
- Ability to give appropriate accurate feedback
- Ability to work within own limitations
- IT literate e.g. Word processing and email.
- Knowledge and awareness of process of managing complaints
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Valid full UK driving licence
- Access to a car for work purposes
- Ability to work flexible hours including Weekends and Bank Holidays.
Croydon University Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Norbury Health Services
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.