One permanent and two fixed term contract/ secondment opportunities - until 31st March 2025.
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (NNUHFT) Digital Health team is responsible for the delivery of digital services across the Trust to support its clinical and administrative obligations.
Across the three acute hospitals in Norfolk and Waveney, NNUH, JPUH and QEHKL, the NNUHFT is starting one of the biggest pieces of digital transformation work we've ever undertaken - moving from paper-based patient records to electronic ones. The Electronic Patient Record (EPR) programme is currently at the beginning of a journey to transform how information about patients' health and care is stored, viewed, and used within our acute hospitals. The EPR will use cutting edge technology to create a new digital system where staff will be able to access your health and care information quickly and securely, meaning you experience quicker and better care.
The Business Intelligence department are the custodians of all the data within the Trust which employs approx. 10,000 staff. The Department is comprised of a team of 25 Analysts and Developers whose focus is providing insights for decision makers all over the Trust.
Interview date: 17th January 2024. If you are considering applying for this post on a secondment basis, please discuss with your Line Manager prior to applying to ascertain whether this could be supported. Main duties of the job
We're looking to recruit three Higher BI Developers on a full-time basis, one substantive and two fixed terms until March 2025.
As a Higher BI Developer, you will consult with stakeholders to collate reporting requirements, translate them into Dimensional models and implement the ETL solutions into our existing Data Warehouse.
Alongside your colleagues, you will also support the maintenance of the Data Warehouse to ensure that it is running efficiently, configure bespoke data feeds to further expand our repository of data, and fully administer our Test and Production SQL Servers.
You will have access to various products to support you with this work such as (but not limited to) T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS and Power BI.
You will supervise and manage the workloads of colleagues within the BI Development team whilst assisting with their personal development and will also act as a subject matter expert for the wider department.
The BI Development team will be pivotal in developing a new Data Warehouse for the up-and-coming EPR deployment. This role presents a good opportunity for developers looking for a new challenge and wanting to take the next step in their careers.
The role will offer hybrid/remote working and involve working from home as well as occasional attendance in the office.About us
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N& N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
- Responsible for the supporting the maintenance and development of the data warehouse including the design and implementation of automated Data Extract, Transformation and Load processes to meet new and changing requirements.
- Based on customer consultation design functional specifications for development work. Using creative and problem solving skills, support the changing information requirements of the trust through the design, development, creation and deployment of data warehouse tables and other BI developments.
- Work with the wider informatics team in the documenting workflow and designing specification of new BI solutions including, but is not limited to, new data warehouse tables/views, Visualisations, R and Python development.
- Development and deployment of pro forma and report templates to support efficient table and report design and development across the trust.
- Identify, investigate and resolve problems in the production of routine and ad-hoc reports and ensure all work is fully validated and quality assured prior to distribution and that reports meet the end users need. Unresolved discrepancies must be reported to the senior management.
- Be a single point of contact for a subset of the work produced by the department, attending meetings as a representative of the department and advising senior managers on the best use of the information available.
- Effective use of communication and persuasion skills to discuss tasks with customers capture and analyse their information requirements. Highlight the benefits of a particular approach and negotiate a term of reference to ensure a focus on answering the right questions in the right way.
- Be responsible for the development, production, and delivery of a number of performance and business change projects, managing conflicting demands and communication sometimes sensitive and/or contentious issues with senior managers and external stakeholders.
Please refer to the Job Description for the full specification of responsibilities and requirements for this post.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Supervise and support a team of BI Developers and Technical Analysts prioritising, allocating and quality assuring their work and taking responsibility for their performance, training, and development, providing direction and leadership whilst dealing with own complex work.
- Develop and maintain a high level of skills and abilities across the team and regularly evaluate performance and development needs, escalating exceptional performance and/or any concerns to the Senior BI Developer.
- Take ownership of individual and team workloads, keeping people informed of progress and managing expectations where necessary, ensuring that all departmental routine and ad-hoc reporting is produced to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Significant experience working and developing with Microsoft BI solutions (including SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Experience of managing informatics projects over an extended period involving multiple teams and systems.
- Experience of developing ETL routines, working with dimensional data base design and management and reporting solutions.
- Ability to supervise, support and develop a team. Managing workload, conflicting priorities and quality
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with proven experience of forming and maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Effective role model, demonstrating NNUH's PRIDE values of People focussed, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Relevant Degree (Health Informatics, Computer Studies, Mathematics) or equivalent experience.
Norfolk and Norwich University HospitalAddress
20 Rouen Rd
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.