We have an exciting opportunities for qualified School Nurses to join our innovative and forward thinking School Nursing team.We are able to offer full time or part time working all year around only.
The School Nursing service is part of the wider Children's Health services which provides Community based services for children and young people (aged 5-19 years). The School nursing service works with stakeholders across a number of settings and organisations to lead delivery of the Healthy Child Programme (5-19) to improve child health outcomes and ensure that families at risk are identified at the earliest opportunity.Main duties of the job
You will be joining a forward thinking and innovative team of SCPHN'S staff nurses, nursery nurses, clinical support works, apprentices and administrative staff. We work in close collaboration with our partner in Education, Children's Services and the voluntary sector. We provide a wide core offer across all elements of the Healthy Child Programme, including an extensive digital offer including children and young people's websites and parent and Teen text services as part of our single point of access.
About usWalsall Healthcare NHS Trust
- A named nurse to a number of secondary and primary schools and will lead of the coordination of and delivery of our services in these schools.
- You will contribute to the development of lead areas of the Healthy Child Programme which you will be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of this area
- You will manage a caseload of children and young people.
provides integrated acute and community Healthcare in the West Midlands serving a population of 260,000 residents. Walsall Manor Hospital houses the full range of district general hospital services. The �170 million development was completed in 2010 and we are continually upgrading.We provide high quality, friendly and effective community health services from multiple sites covering Walsall. Our multidisciplinary services include rapid response and homebased care, so that those with long term conditions and the frail elderly can remain in their own homes.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To use public health knowledge and expertise to provide high quality, safe evidenced based care and interventions to the children, young people and their families
- To provide clinical leadership support and professional direction within the skilled mixed team ensuring that high standards and safe levels of care are provided to children and young people
- Work with partner agencies to identify and respond to the public health and wellbeing needs of children and young people within locality areas and borough wide to determine the priorities for action e.g. work with in Early Help localities, GP PCNs. Take into account local and national priorities
- To lead on designated aspects of the HCP 5-19 and high impact areas developing, planning, delivering and evaluating programmes of work, working collaboratively with other health professionals and partner agencies, including the voluntary sector. This includes attendance at partnership meetings and dissemination of information to service.
- Work as an autonomous practitioner within a multi-agency arena, applying your knowledge and expertise in health and wellbeing to enable children & young people to reach their full potential (physically emotionally and socially). This includes contributing to e.g. child protection procedures, early help support and looked after children
- Within the scope of professional practice and using appropriate frameworks, take lead responsibility to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate the health needs of specific groups of children e.g., looked after children, children with medical needs, children in need of safeguarding or early help. In partnership with the child, young person and parents/carers agree care plans to improve health and wellbeing
- To develop, implement and evaluate Relationships Education, Relationships and Sex Education and Health Education pupils sessions for education settings.
- To develop, implement and evaluate health education and promotion sessions for parents and carers to support them to promote their childs health & wellbeing
- To develop, implement and evaluate training packages for education staff and staff in partner agencies to support children and young peoples health & wellbeing e.g. medical needs training, mental health training, RSE training.
- Effectively manage a caseload and where appropriate, delegate care to non-registrants and maintain professional accountability for supervising that care
- Promote team working at all times and act up, as directed in the absence of the clinical team leader. Provide line management duties for junior members of staff within your locality team e.g. 1-1s, PDR, caseload supervision.
- Provide care in a range of variety of settings to include schools, clients home, clinics, community venues or other settings
- To develop, implement, monitor and evaluate quality standards e.g. SOPs with School Nursing Practice, utilising the clinical governance framework to support the provision of a high quality, safe care. This includes contribution to reports for service monitoring e.g. commissioner reporting.
- Provide pre, post registration student nurses and staff requiring induction, mentorship and preceptorship with relevant and suitable experiences within children, young people and families public health service, to include teaching and assessment throughout their placement.
- First level registered nurse
- Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (School Health
- Demonstrable evidence of professional development
- Demonstrable experience working with children and young people
- Demonstrable or relevant experience in delivering health promotion and health education programmes
- Evidence of utilising evidenced based practice and appraising standards, providing clinical direction and support for staff
- Ability to apply clinical governance framework to clinical practice
- Demonstrates leadership skills and understanding of professional responsibilities within the team
- Demonstrate ability to facilitate others to develop service provision.
- Ability to make sound clinical judgments and to work within a team and direct other team members to deliver high quality client care.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Detailed knowledge of health and social care policy relating to children's services to include safeguarding
- In-depth knowledge of child health and development
- In- depth knowledge of children's public health agenda
Walsall Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Harden Health Cebtre - will work across Walsall
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.