1. The key role of the Specialist Nurse in VTE Prevention is to lead implementation of the Trust VTE policy throughout the Trust.
2. To support the Trust's aim to minimise harm to patients at risk of developing venous thromboembolism (VTE).
3. Support the Trust to achieve VTE risk assessment in 100% of admitted patients and implementation of appropriate thrombophrophylaxis.
4. Support the Trust to achieve the national targets for VTE prevention.
5. To contribute to the Trust's governance agenda through risk assessment, policy development, education, audit and changes in clinical practice.
6. To work closely with the designated ward pharmacists, nurses, doctors to ensure adequate adherence to VTE prevention policies and procedures.
7. To be a resource for clinical staff to discuss VTE prophylaxis in individual patients in conjunction with the anticoagulation pharmacists and haematology staff.
8. To promote clinical excellence, providing advise and support to professionals.
9. To promote awareness of hospital acquired thrombosis and drive innovative measures to reduce this.
10 Leading and co-ordinating an audit programme to monitor the effectiveness of the VTE Policy.
11. Supporting the VTE Link Nurse and providing ward-based training as required.
12. Ensuring that hospital associated VTE events are appropriately reported and investigated.
13. Ensuring the provision of quarterly reports to the Patient Safety Working Group and monthly updates to the Trust Board.Main duties of the jobSee Job Description
Clinical Roles/Communication/Education Roles/Leadership & Management Roles/Professional Development/Personnel:About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -
BHT - A great place to work (buckshealthcare.nhs.uk) What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Ourvisionis to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Ourmissionis to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Ourcarevalues are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Previous clinical experience at Band 6 or above in the care of patients who are on anti-coagulation or with thromboembolic problems
- Management/leadership experience
- Evidence of conducting Audit/Research
- Participated in service development and implementation of change
Education, Qualifications & TrainingEssential
- Cross site working, ability to travel across site
Skills, Abilities & KnowledgeEssential
- Degree level qualification
- Working towards Masters
- Advanced assessment and history taking or willing to undertake
- Independent non-medical prescribing or willing to undertake
- MSPP or equivalent teaching qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Knowledge of : National guidance relating to VTE prevention
- Demonstrate intermediate IT skills in word processing, excel spreadsheets and database
- Advanced communication skills
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Stoke Mandeville Hospital/Wycombe Hopsital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.