Band 6 - Speech and Language Therapist
The Midlands Partnership Foundation NHS Trust provides Speech and Language Therapy Services across the whole of Staffordshire, working with commissioners in both education and health services.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative and experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join our team. The post is a permanent post based in the Community Paediatric Speech and Language Therapy Team in the South Staffordshire area. The post involves working within a range of community clinics, domiciliary settings, and educational sites, with children and young people on the mainstream or special school caseloads. Main duties of the job
The base for this post is Hill Street, Burton. The post holder will hold a caseload of children from both mainstream and special school provisions, and will work with them in clinics, nurseries, schools and home visits depending on the needs of the individual child. This will be at sites across Burton. There may be some travel required to attend team meetings and supervision in other settings across the geographical area. It is a full time post, although part time applications may be considered.
Alongside clinical caseload work, the candidate will offer supervision to junior colleagues within the team, complete triage activities and offer second opinions within the team as appropriate to their experience and expertise.About us
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, mileage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached documents for full details of duties within this post. It will include assessment and management of clinical cases within community clinics and special schools as required. The post holder will complete supervision for junior staff members, work alongside assistants within the team, attend MDTs as required, and adhere to EHCNA policies.
The South Speech and Language Therapy service supports children and young people with a range of communication needs through assessment and intervention in homes, schools and clinics.
The Childrens Speech and Language Therapy Service is able to offer:
- regular managerial and clinical supervision sessions
- regular team meetings, both locally and with colleagues in the North of the county
- professional development via our appraisal system
- in-service training and excellent library facilities
We offer excellent training and development opportunities, a friendly working environment and flexible working arrangements.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- oDegree in Speech and Language Therapy or equivalent oRegistration with HCPC oPost graduate RCSLT accredited
- oDegree in Speech and Language Therapy or equivalent post graduate qualification. oEvidence of further clinical study oQualification in paediatric dysphagia
- oPaediatric Speech and Language Therapy clinical experience oPost qualification courses in relevant areas
- oAttendance at relevant Clinical Excellence Networks oMasters level study
- oPaediatric speech and language therapy experience obtained by working in a Speech and Language Therapy team oAbility to manage time and caseload effectively oAssessment and management of developmental speech, language and communication difficulties in children across different settings. oExperience of working in community clinics and educational settings oExperience of working with children and young people with complex needs/ experience of working in specialist education settings
- oWorking in a multi-disciplinary team. oExperience of negotiation and conflict management in clinical situations oExperience of working as a Clinical Placement Educator / plans to undertake training towards working as a Clinical Educator
- oEvidence of specialist clinical knowledge relevant to the post. oUnderstanding of Information Governance, data protection, HCPC and RCSLT standards and safeguarding children.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAbility to work independently and manage a complex caseload. oExcellent verbal and written communication skills. oAbility to form effective working relationships with professionals internal and external to the organisation. oIdentify and evaluate opportunities for evaluation and improvement. oAble to prioritise work and work to deadlines. oAble to work on own initiative. oAble to offer second opinions in area of specialism. oDemonstrates an understanding of confidentiality in the NHS. oStrong computer literacy skills and ability to use Microsoft Office systems. oAble to travel within a geographical are to meet the requirements of the post.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Hill Street, Burton
Hill Street Health and Well Being Centre, Hill Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.