We are delighted to share an exciting opportunity to be part of the expansion of paediatric inpatient services at Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust. We will be launching a new ward in March 2024 which will deliver care to patients with complex health conditions, including medical and surgical specialties such as respiratory and gastroenterology. There will be opportunities within the ward for all healthcare professionals and Allied Health Professionals at all bands and experience. You will gain expertise and knowledge in a variety of medical and surgical services. In the paediatric department at CUH we are dedicated to providing specialist, professional care to our patients and their families in a welcoming and committed atmosphere. Our work is wide ranging and we are well respected both locally and as a regional tertiary specialist treatment centre. We provide excellent care across both medical and surgicalspecialities. Our ethos of child centred care and multi-professional collaboration drives our service, alongside a commitment to family focused teamwork. The future of paediatric care at CUH is very exciting work begins on the Cambridge Children's Hospital in 2024, which will integrate mental and physical health care, treating the whole child, alongside game-changing research. Join us as our plans for this ground-breaking specialist hospital for the East of England take shape -read more on the Children's Hospital website.Main duties of the job
The post-holder will be responsible for being a clinical expert, providing safe and effective care to all levels of children requiring in-patient hospitalisation or day stay care facilities.
Assess care needs, plan, implement and evaluate programs of care.
Oversee and participate in the supervision, teaching, mentorship and appraisal of pre and post registration staff.
Provide clear and visible leadership, focus and resource for the development of all nursing staff in the joint approach to nursing standards and practice education.
Manage the activity of the ward, and review capacity demands with the nursing and operational teams, demonstrating effective and safe decision-making ability when doing so.
Responsible for ward staff management.
Participate in management of the ward budget.About usCome Nurse with us...
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the country. It comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital. We provide accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge and regional and national specialist services. It's a great place to nurse, work and live.
You will work on a vibrant hospital campus with a friendly community feel we have excellent facilities to practise your skills and abilities to support your career pathway and development. Our values of Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent
support the delivery of outstanding care. We have a fully electronic patient record system that is improving health-care quality this is transforming services, improving patient safety and clinical outcomes.
CUH is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves. We value our differences and fully advocate and support an inclusive working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. We want to ensure our people are truly representative of all the communities that we serve. We welcome applications for all positions in the organisation irrespective of people's age, disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
Closing date is midnight on 26 November 2023
Interviews are due to be held in the week commencing 4 December 2023 Why choose Cambridge University Hospitals?
Benefits to you
- Our values and reputation for outstanding care
- Opportunities to experience a range of specialities
- Career and development opportunities
- Preceptorship and mentoring programmes delivered by a dedicated clinical education support team
- Research experience and opportunities
- Lovely location and quality of life
- Excellent schools/colleges and transport links (road, rail and air)
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First level registration (part 8 or 15)
- Post registration paediatric critical care qualification (equivalent to ENB 415/100/ 405)
- Teaching and assessing qualification
- Evidence of master's degree level study
- Level 3 Child protection training
- Leadership Training
- Evidence of continuing professional development at degree level
- Evidence of Certified Management Training programme
- Amassed a level of band 6 grade experience with demonstrated competence in leading others in advanced intensive care therapies.
- Continuing experience as a mentor to paediatric critical care course learners
- Experience of providing and co-ordinating a paediatric retrieval service.
- Evidence of professional networking beyond organisational level.
- Experience in the supervision of others in the delivery of advanced intensive care therapies
- Global awareness of current professional issues related to nursing, PIC, DoH and the NHS
- Has an in-depth paediatric nursing knowledge, demonstrating ability to facilitate the integration of theory into practice for learners.
- Understand the developmental needs of individuals and groups of nurses in a large competitive team setting.
- Competent to care for and supervise staff providing care to all levels of intensive care children in a safe and effective manner without supervision
- Ability to meet the unexpected demands of the intensive patient and HR management issues in a professional manner
- Effectively manage complex operational situations on a shift by shift basis
- Act as a clinical expert/resource
- Work flexibly within a multi professional team
- Ability to initiate and support change
- Evidence of participation in research and audit projects
- Evidence of developing guidelines / policies or procedures
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of Safe, Kind, Excellent.
- Evidence of effective communication and decision making skills
- Evidence of a forward thinking and progressive work ethos
- Advanced computer skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Addenbrookes Hospital-Division E
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.