We are looking for Community Matrons to work across Richmond.
You will work with patients, focusing proactively on managing individuals who have complex long term conditions to prevent inappropriate hospital admissions.
The role will incorporate working within a community nursing team and in partnership with primary health care and social care professionals, providing expert case management, clinical assessment, diagnosis and individualised treatment plans and promoting self-management, to reduce inconsistencies in the care patients receive, plan interventions for fluctuations in health status and to prevent inappropriate hospital admission. If any of the caseload is admitted to acute provider, then the post holder will actively work to facilitate a timely and safe discharge.
Please ensure that your application demonstrates that you meet the essential criteria as listed in the job specification.
Working days Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, with flexibility to working times.Main duties of the job
We are looking for an experienced Nurse for Band 7 Community Matron Role. The role will incorporate working within a community nursing team and in partnership with primary health care and social care professionals, providing expert case management, clinical assessment, diagnosis and individualised treatment plans, promoting self-management.
Applicants need to be confident, self-motivated and energetic as well as reliable, empathetic, approachable, understanding, non-judgemental and tolerant.
Applicants must have qualification and skills in advance assessment long term condition management and V300 prescribing.About us
Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust (HRCH) provide a wide range of healthcare services for the population of London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and the London Borough of Hounslow.
The Clinical Services Directorates have a wide range of responsibilities to manage, including coordinating and delivering community primary care services on behalf of the Trust. A wide range of these healthcare services are delivered by staff in the community, who include medical staff, paediatric therapists, therapy assistants, health visitors, specialist nurses, nurses, nursery nurses, paediatric phlebotomists and healthcare support workers with the support of administrative staff working in localities with GPs, other health professionals, early years, education, and social care professionals.
The digitalisation of health services is underway with a requirement to become paper-light by 2023 through improving the use of digital tools and adopting mobile and agile working practices and increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of clinical delivery.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
***Please see the attached supporting document/s which contains more information about the role in the job description and person specification***Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- 5 year post Registration experience including a minimum 2 years of experience at Grade 6 or above in a related field
- Experience of working with people with a long term illness and or older people
- Experience of managing palliative/terminal stages of illness
- Community / Primary care experience
- Training / teaching staff
- Case Management experience
- Experience of audit/research evaluation
- RN Nursing qualification with current NMC registration
- First level degree or evidence of education at an equivalent level
- Demonstrate a wide range of post registration training in long term conditions
- Commitment to complete DOH Community Matron Competencies within 6 months of commencement of employment - Mandatory to continue in post.
- Completion of physical assessment course - Mandatory to continue in post.
- Independent Non-Medical Prescribing - Commitment to complete course and Mandatory pass to continue in post
- Willingness to work toward obtaining an Advanced Practice Masters Degree
- Experience in the field of Mental Health
- ENB or equivalent in Care of the Older Person
- ENB 998, Mentorship Preceptorship or equivalent
- Palliative Care qualification/proven experience
- Leadership/ Teaching qualification (ENB 998)
- Specialist Practice District Nursing
- Recognised qualification in long term conditions e.g CHD, COPD, Diabetes
- Knowledge of Case Management
- Extensive clinical skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage and priortitise own case load
- Ability to work under pressure
- Effective leadership skills
- Contemporaneous and accurate record keeping
- Able to identify and resolve complex clinical issues
- Risk assessment and Management
- Knowledge of safeguarding Adults & Children
- Able to plan own work and co-ordinate services and make decisions related to care planning
- Able to make clinical and administrative decisions
- Able to effectively delegate tasks to appropriately trained staff
- Able to manage own stress and emotional responses and be aware of stress in others
- Understanding and commitment to integrated working across health and social care
- Committed to working in partnership with people their relatives and carers other organisations and agencies.
- Working within a diverse community
- Demonstrates an understanding of both the health and social care agenda
- Understanding of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- IT literate and ability to use databases
- Able to produce well written and timely reports Advanced communication skills
- Shows and understanding of the challenges of communicating across professional boundaries
- Demonstrates flexibility in accommodating organisational change
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work as a team member
- Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards Counselling skills
- Understanding of current legislation and its implications for this role, including performance indicators and targets.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to reflect and critically appraise own performance
- Committed to lifelong learning
- Has a positive attitude to change and is prepared to work flexibly to meet the need of people and the service
- Confident, self motivated and energetic
- Is aware of own limitations
- Car driver/owner with current full valid UK driving licence
- Ability to travel to multiple sites
Hounslow and Richmond Community NHS Healthcare TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.