Working alongside the Programme Manager, the post holder will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a functional and sustainable evaluation framework to track progress and measure impact of ongoing EDI activities/programmes.
They will develop hard and soft metrics in alignment with strategic developments to measure the impact of EDI programme of work. Ensuring the evaluation activity meets the strategic objectives, and is equitable and inclusive.
Working closely across all key stakeholders, project leads, other relevant teams to ensure metrics are in place. Involved in influencing others and processes and setting up clear communication channels to improve the fit of evaluation designs with our equality, diversity and inclusion vision and objectives.
Developing and communicating insights specific to the purpose of the programme. Provide technical advice and support to key stakeholders to help them evaluate the success of their projects and implement learning effectively.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for leading the design and delivering of high quality, large and complex mixed methods evaluations.
Align evaluation activities and share insights across projects, key stakeholders, the charities and where there is strategic overlap
Support cross-programmatic evaluation and learning alignment across all equality, diversity and inclusion projects that have been funded internally and externally through the GSTT charity and Impact on Urban Health.
Provide thought leadership within the wider programme to enable, support and elevate ideas of improvement and sustainability.
Champion a culture of learning, reflection and evidence-based decision making
Provide regular, transparent reports to stakeholders, senior leaders and board.About us
You will be based within the EDI team although work across the People Directorate and other stakeholders.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Experience of leading and embedding evaluation design and implementation in large organisations. Having expertise in quantitative and qualitative research methods and applying this in developing inclusive evaluation designs in a test and learn and innovative context.
Having expertise in adapting evaluation methods and approach to different contexts and stages of programme development, and size/scale of projects.
Leading learning processes or implementing evidence-based changes to strategy or intervention delivery to measure impact of EDI projects.
Working effectively across stakeholders and teams, building relationship management with strong governance.
You will have experience of leading and managing complex projects that have evaluation at their core.
Expertise in synthesising and sharing complex findings which are clear, succinct and influential. Having a structured approach to strategic planning, task implementation and managing priorities .
Demonstrated ability to balance strategic thinking and keeping long term goals in mind with operational task delivery.
Demonstrated ability to drive change and progress work within a complex institutional setting
It is expected that the specific profile of work under this program, managed by the post holder, will change over time as the emphasis of this portfolio of work changes. This is a 2year programme of work .Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- Education to degree level or with related education in project evaluation
- Excellent IT skills advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- You will have experience of leading and managing complex projects that have evaluation at their core.
- Experience of designing, developing and implementing functional and sustainable evaluation framework to track progress and measure impact
- Ability to analyse and interpret information and data and make quick and sound judgements and recommendations
- Able to write concise and comprehensive papers and reports
- Experience and/or demonstrated interest in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda
- Experience and/or demonstrated interest in writing, including articles, newsletters, promotional materials and communications
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and networking
- Demonstrates leadership, negotiation and motivational skills to facilitate working within Clinical Group
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good IT skills and ability to accurately produce documentation and presentations using relevant IT Microsoft packages
- Ability to deliver against targets, and to plan and prioritise work in the face of competing demands
- Demonstrates experience of governance and risk management
- Excellent ability to work accurately and with attention to fine details
- Able to challenge data or views expressed by colleagues
- Demonstrates tact, empathy and diplomacy when communicating confidential sensitive or contentious information
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Great Dover Street
200 Great Dover Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.